Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Crock Pot BBQ Pulled Pork


We all know how much I heart my crock pot... 

Well, the other day I saw a tweet by @sloughcookers:



Slow Cookers
Barbeque Pulled Pork - Crock Pot

I was totally game. The link took me to: www.slowcookers.info

Where has this site been all my life?!?

A v-logger, iThinspire,  posted a super easy recipe there.


You start with a 2-3 lb pork loin.


Plop her in your crock pot


Cover with two onions-chopped


Now grab your favorite BBQ sauce... we Goodes totally heart Sweet Baby Ray's.


Cover your pork loin liberally with sauce


Cook on high for 4 hours


Then pull your little piggie from the pot


And shred with two forks... should pull right apart.


Now you could dunk it back into the pot, but I prefer some fresh sauce for my sandwiches.


Yum!


Enjoy!

Linked to:

15 GOODe Thoughts:

Yay! I love it when you post recipes I can handle!

We get a seasoned pork loin and do the same thing, minus the onions. You know I don't cut veggies. :)

We use the Sweet Baby Ray's, too.
Thanks for the prompt. I haven't made pulled pork in FOREVER!

I am so making this for tomorrow's dinner....I look forward to your posts!

I sure do like pulled pork. Never used the crock pot Sure looks Goode

Now that looks tasty, good and simple! can't ask for better than that!!

Cris..
What times dinner :) ?

That is so tasty and easy, huh! Love the crockpot for that reason. :-) Thanks for the reminder.

Yay, a fellow Hoosier and lover of Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce. It's the only one me and my family use. I do a lot of Crock Pot cooking myself, and can't wait to try this recipe. I'm a follower now. :)

We love to make pulled pork over here too, and we love Sweet Baby Ray's as our 2nd favorite sauce- Lucille's will always be our ultimate favorite though.

Sweet Baby Ray's is the best - I love their chipotle something or other kind.

thanks for visiting my site too!

We love to make pulled pork over here too, and we love Sweet Baby Ray's as our 2nd favorite sauce- Lucille's will always be our ultimate favorite though.

Cris..
What times dinner :) ?

I am so making this for tomorrow's dinner....I look forward to your posts!

Every Monday I make dinner for a family who has a child in the hospital battling leukemia ~ hospital is 2 hours away from home. Mom pretty much lives at the hospital while Dad is holding down the fort with his 2 other sons (both teenagers) and his father. Always looking for new and easy ideas that fit in with my work schedule and will keep everyone happy. Brought this over tonite with fresh rolls, coleslaw and homemade mac and cheese. A HUGE HUGE HUGE success and so simple ~ cooked 2 pork loins on low all day in the crockpot. Delicious. Sweet aby Rays is our favorite, too. Thank you!

Anonymous-
Thank you so much for sharing your story. Your friend's family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More