Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

GOODe GOODEness: Seasoned Ground Beef

Tonight I thought I'd share my basic Seasoned Ground Beef recipes because it is soooo hard to make ;P Lol!

Really it is super easy--I was just foolin' and truth be told it is just the best little foundation for tons of meals.

I made LOTS of it during FREEZE-O-RAMA--both for recipes to freeze like my Beef Stroganoff (to be shared soon), Brown Bag Burritos and Lasagna as well as to freeze to use in fresh Chili, Spaghetti, Deep Dish Pizza, etc.


First I started with chopping up tons of onions


and I do mean TONS


And then some...

Don't cry... I froze some onions too.



If you are doing a small batch, you will need 1 onion per 1 lb of ground beef.



Then I minced up LOTS of garlic



If you are doing a small batch, just mince up a couple cloves per 1lb of ground beef.



Now that the GOODes are prepped...

WHERE's the BEEF?



I grabbed a couple griddles and threw several lbs of beef down... a beef smack down ya could say :)



and several more...



Then began the seasoning...



Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper



Then the onion and the garlics ;)



Keep stirring until browned...
Then drain if necessary.
I use extra lean ground beef, so there is nothing to drain ;) Mommy score!



Voilà'

Note: Cool before freezing if you make extra ;)

2 GOODe Thoughts:

i dont see a recipe to print for season ground beef? just the items you put in help me here.

You place the ground beef (1lb beef, 1 Onion and 2 Cloves Garlic and multiply X number of lbs you want to freeze) in a skillet and fry up until browned through. Cool and place in freezer bags to freeze. This is also a part of the site that still needs updated.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More