Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

What a GOODe Tip!

I am SOOOO excited! I just tried making Infarrantly Creative's Homemade FOAMING Hand Soap and it was super easy.


So, I ended up fillin' up this bottle for PENNIES this evening ;)

I started with regular hand soap in my favorite scent... A whole 98 cents worth.


Then I had to add 5(to 6) parts water to 1 part soap...

I am so NOT one of those people who figures this stuff in my head.



So, I grabbed a cheat sheet ;) My cookbook...shhh! Lookie there-- a conversion chart.

I decided to round up my 7.5 oz. of soap to 8 oz. and that meant I needed 5 cups of water.


So I poured my water into a clean milk jug. I started with the water because I didn't want it getting all sudsy.



Then I poured in the smelly melon GOODEness.


Gave 'er a swirl



And filled up my appropriately labeled melon soap dispenser. I think I paid $2.97 for the original bottle. This refill cost me 16 cents to make.

BUT... does it work as GOODe as the original?


You betcha!

Better even. By making it 5 parts water (vs. 6 parts) --a tip by the author-- it is a tiny bit thicker and moisturizes better ;)

What a fantastic tip!


4 GOODe Thoughts:

Oh, I've got to try this! I just noticed the other day that the foaming soap bottle in my kitchen is nearly empty...thanks for the tip!

Lovely. I am so excited you used my tip. I hope it rocks your world. Thanks for the shout out!

Great tip...thanks for sharing it!

Oh, I've got to try this! I just noticed the other day that the foaming soap bottle in my kitchen is nearly empty...thanks for the tip!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More