Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Goode Goodeness: P-Dub's Chicken Spaghetti


This past weekend I made P-Dub's Chicken Spaghetti as a trial run to see if it would make the cut for this weekend's FREEZE-O-RAMA.

Pioneer Woman's Chicken Spaghetti
Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 45 Minutes Difficulty: Easy Servings: 8

Ingredients
2 cups Cooked Chicken
3 cups Dry Spaghetti, Broken Into Two Inch Pieces
2 cans Cream Of Mushroom Soup
2 cups Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
¼ cups Finely Diced Green Pepper
¼ cups Finely Diced Onion
1 jar (4 Ounce) Diced Pimentos, Drained
2 cups Reserved Chicken Broth From Pot
1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
⅛ teaspoons (to 1/4 Teaspoon) Cayenne Pepper
Salt And Pepper, to taste
1 cup Additional Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Preparation Instructions

Cook 1 cut up fryer and pick out the meat to make two cups. Cook spaghetti in same chicken broth until al dente. Do not overcook. When spaghetti is cooked, combine with remaining ingredients except additional 1 cup sharp cheddar.

Place mixture in casserole pan and top with remaining sharp cheddar. Cover and freeze up to six months, cover and refrigerate up to two days, or bake immediately: 350 degrees for 45 minutes until bubbly. (If the cheese on top starts to get too cooked, cover with foil).

I had to alter it a bit since I was using left over "Rotisserie" Chicken . I know... I am surprising myself with my Rachel-ness lately...
 
So I took 2 cups chicken broth and some water and brought it to a boil.
 
 
Then I tossed in my FAVORITE pasta in the world- Rozini Smart Taste (1 1/2 boxes)
 
 
Then it was time to get my chop on ;)
 

These bells were so fresh and yummy! Makes me sooo crave summer time. Ok, truth be told--I don't need anything else to make me want summer time. I think I am doing my own FREEZE-O-RAMA out of February freeze defeat!


After chopping up the bells, I only needed 1/4 cup. So the rest got wrapped up and put in the freezer. See a trend here?


Then I threw in the pimentos. I heart pimentos... I should cook with pimentos more.


Then chopped up my onion.


Meanwhile, my sketti was done so I drained it and threw it in a bowl.

 
Grabbed a couple of cans of heaven in a can... aka Cream o Mushroom Soup.
 
 
Tossed them in with the pasta
 

Added 2 cups sharp cheddar shredded cheese


And tossed in my chopped goods ;)


Then I poured in 1 1/2 cup broth and 1/2 cup water


Grabbed my chicken


Tossed it in along with Salt, Pepper, Miracle Powder (Lawry's Season Salt) and I omitted the Cayenne Pepper--because I am a wimp and I am not afraid to admit it.


Then I mixed 'er up


And tossed 'er in the pan.


Sprinkled with 1 cup shredded cheese and popped 'er in the oven for 350 degrees for 45 minutes.


Yummo!


Miss Add--otherwise known as that 2 year old who refuses to eat anything isn't peanut butter-- LOVED it.

She told me, "Mommy it is DEEE-LICIOUS!"

My motherly guilt thanks you P-Dub!

Puddie liked it too. A new family favorite and definitely on our freezer menu.

0 GOODe Thoughts:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More