Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

GOODe GOODeNESS: Beef Stroganoff

Tonight we Goodes had one of my favorite FREEZE-O-RAMA meals...

Beef Stroganoff


Yummo!



Ya start out by boiling some salt water... 

Besides it wouldn't be a GOODe cooking post without my "one-handed sprinkling kosher salt while balancing the Nikon" pic... Just sayin' :)




Then ya toss in some egg noodles. Half a bag will do it... you are seeing double again... Wine again??

Once your noodles are done, drain and set aside briefly...

Meanwhile over at the burner...


Take some mushrooms and a touch of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil for ya non-Rachel watchers) and cook'em down.


Once you got 'em cooked down, grab a little dollop (1/2 Cup) of Daisy (Note: I did a wallop for my FREEZE-O-RAMA double duty :) )




Then grab a can of Cream of Mushroom Soup... small can will do for you.


Mix'er up


Add in your noodles


Salt n' Peppa to taste






Then add in 1 cup skim milk




Then mix'er up again



This is where ya stop and freeze (putting your hands up is optional) if you want...



I cook through on the stove top if I am cooking to serve. If I am pulling from the freezer, I thaw on the kitchen counter and pop in a 350 oven until cooked through.


Yum! 



Perfect meal for the family :)

I heart FREEZE-O-RAMA... speaking of FREEZE-O-RAMA, our second installment begins this weekend... a FREEZE-quel, if you will. 

And guess what!?! 


We will have a special guest this time... 


Aunt Lou!!!

Still making our game plan, but it will definitely have this recipe, Brown Bag Burritos and a lot LESS recipes involving Velveeta... : / 

We heart Velveeta. Really, we do.

It's just that our Velveeta meal to non-Velveeta meal ratio was a bit off this last month... Just sayin'

Stay tuned for FREEZE-quel details to come...

18 GOODe Thoughts:

This looks yummy! I'll have to give it a try!

Looks great! I love freezer meals!!! (But I'll make mine with turkey, of course.)

Terra- It is super good

Katie- I bet it would be great with turkey ;) I heart Subway's Turkey BTW :)

Yummy! You are such a brilliant girl..making all the freezer meals! I do a lot of canning. I can meat, beans, etc.. sure makes quick work of putting dinner on the table. I say anything that helps mom out, is just the ticket!
Can't wait to see your guest chef !
Have a wonderful day!

Ooh...a FREEZE-quel! Excited to see your choices for this round, especially if they look as scrumptious as that stroganoff. YUM.

Hey Cris, I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a Sunshine Award! Come check it out! http://onthebanksofsquawcreek.blogspot.com/2010/04/here-comes-sun.html

Yum That Looks So Goode ~ I just came from Leslie the Homemakers Blog, I saw your name in the comment section & had to check it out ~ I have Not come across Too Many Goode's before ~ My Maiden name is Goode..... On My Blog I go by
Cheryl Goode MacKinnon~
Just thought I would say Hi & Love Your Blog.....
Have a Wonderful Weekend

That is so cool Cheryl. Glad to find a fellow Goode!

That is so cool Cheryl. Glad to find a fellow Goode!

Yum That Looks So Goode ~ I just came from Leslie the Homemakers Blog, I saw your name in the comment section & had to check it out ~ I have Not come across Too Many Goode's before ~ My Maiden name is Goode..... On My Blog I go by
Cheryl Goode MacKinnon~
Just thought I would say Hi & Love Your Blog.....
Have a Wonderful Weekend

That is so cool Cheryl. Glad to find a fellow Goode!

could you reheat this in a crock pot, that would make it perfect....

Any option for a non-mushroom family? We just don't do fungi......

I wouldn't see why you couldn't switch out the cream of mushroom for another cream soup and leave off the mushrooms... enjoy!

Made this tonight, delish!! Thanks!

Chris you killing me here i need print out of recipes cant cook by just this this and this amounts with out a recipe plzzzzz newbie to all this cooking stuff

Mkkiki- I apologize. You have ventured into some older parts of my site. These posts are from before the site became the site it is today. We are working to update these portions to the new recipe system, but it takes a lot of time. Our goal is to have them all transferred by the end of the summer.

Chris its ok i understand i got older recipe. just got your email and those recipes was on it so i just thought they was new post. Ty for being so patient with me on the ?s i have been asking, just love your recipes and you on pinterest

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More