Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

GOODe Projects: Lil' McAddie's Farm - Pt. 1

Recently one of my readers asked about the painted fence in Ms. Add's room...


The fence is a part of the farm scene I painted while we were expecting Miss Add.


I painted the room over two VERY snowy days in February.



I heart painting.

I really should do it more.

There is something liberating about just being able to paint over something and make it whatever you want...


Where a drab white wall existed, an apple tree grew.

An apple tree that we count apples on regularly these days ;)


And clouds appeared in a pretty blue sky



And where a door once stood, a barn appeared


Tune in tomorrow for a tutorial on how to make this little fence.
I am going to have to do a re-shoot of a faux remake because I didn't take nearly as many pictures back then as I do these days ;)

It really easy as 1- 2 -3.

Want a sneak peek at the secret weapon?
If you don't know Sharpie... you GOTS to get to know her. More on that tomorrow. ;)

4 GOODe Thoughts:

What a great room!
What a great mom too! I think it's awesome of you to have made Addie's room so fun and personal just for her! I'm sure she just loves it!
Have a great day!

Oh, wow!
You are so talented! Would you come to my house?
I want a French countryside with grape fields and trellises and lavender!
I know Sharpie! She my friend girl, too.
;)
I wanna know what you know about Sharpie that I don't know. I want some gossip!

Cute!Cute!Cute! I only dream of being as artistic as you are, but I love Add's room!

Thank ya ladies! It really is easy.

As for my Sharpie secret, she is the best painting tool in my toolbox!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More