Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Monday, April 5, 2010

GOODe Times: Part 2- Easter Sunday


Easter Sunday was one busy day for us Goode gals. We were spending the weekend down with Memaw and Papaw.

Whoever thought life in the country was slower paced never met Memaw and Papaw. We head back to the city to relax after a fast paced weekend with them!

Whew.

Easter Sunday we awoke to Aunt Lou bangin' on the door. She had been to Sonrise Service at her church and was arriving to join us for Easter Service at Memaw and Papaw's church.

After Ms. Alarm Clock's arrival, we all began getting ready for service and amidst all of the hussle a bussle, the Easter Bunny snuck in and filled Addie's Easter basket! Ya believe that?!


Wouldn't you know that two VERY special friends were hiding out in the basket.


Sing with me: "If you like to talk to tomatoes, if a squash can make you smile..."

Speaking of singing, Memaw and Papaw's church had a lovely worship and Easter service. We sang some old hymns and it just reaffirmed that I am developing a new appreciation for all of those old hymns.

Truth be told, being a TOTAL non-singer-- for your sake as much as mine;)-- I have always struggled my way through most worship services. (I typically find meditation time a better way for me to personally connect.)

Anyhoo-- a few weeks ago, I was totally exhausted one Sunday morning at church and we began singing old hymns. Suddenly, something different happened this time. A complete state of rest overcame me. I found rest in those old hymns... a new form of worship for me.

I now heart old hymns.

Miss Addie hearts them too. She sang her little heart out!


After church we headed over to Great Aunt Suzy and Great Uncle Donnie's to visit with Great Grandma and the rest of the family. We had such a GOODe time!

Aunt Suzy made a cake that I had seen on Amanda's Cooking. Sounds simple enough, but this cake led to the Great Cake Pan Hunt of 2010. Truth be told, this special pan traveled around 100 miles for its cake's debut at our Easter Cook-out ;)


It had to be done. This cake design was meant to be made by Aunt Suzy. When I saw it, I knew she had to make it.


While we were fussing with the cake, Miss Add and Donnie went for a stroll.


They came back with some gorgeous tulips for Mommy :)


Then there were party games involving cups...


and bean bags...


Yes, I know what you call it... but I just don't like that name... Just sayin'.


Aunt Lou did some goofin' for the camera...


And then we finally hunted some Easter eggs!


...and...err ...we had one fatality : /


The hit of the day was an early birthday present from Great Grandma...


Miss Add now has her very own camera!

And boy, oh boy, my gal LOVES takin' pictures!


She wasted no time getting her subjects lined up for some shots!


We had such a great time with the family this weekend.


And boy are we tired!


How was your Easter weekend?

3 GOODe Thoughts:

...if you like to waltz with potatoes, up and down the produce aisle...
Old hymns always take me back to my childhood- they are precious reminders to me of my child-like faith...so keep singing, Cris!
That cake is a masterpiece, just beautiful, and so is Great Grandma!
I think Aunt Lou and I would get along just fine- she makes the same faces I do :)
So happy that you had such a blessed day!!

...if you like to waltz with potatoes, up and down the produce aisle...
Old hymns always take me back to my childhood- they are precious reminders to me of my child-like faith...so keep singing, Cris!
That cake is a masterpiece, just beautiful, and so is Great Grandma!
I think Aunt Lou and I would get along just fine- she makes the same faces I do :)
So happy that you had such a blessed day!!

...if you like to waltz with potatoes, up and down the produce aisle...
Old hymns always take me back to my childhood- they are precious reminders to me of my child-like faith...so keep singing, Cris!
That cake is a masterpiece, just beautiful, and so is Great Grandma!
I think Aunt Lou and I would get along just fine- she makes the same faces I do :)
So happy that you had such a blessed day!!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More