Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

GOODe GOODeNESS: Homemade Chicken Nuggets


One of my favorite FREEZE-quel recipes is our Homemade Chicken Nuggets.

I got the idea for them when I was flipping through the Bookazine I won a few weeks ago ;)

I was so excited to get this little bundle in the mail...


I just heart mail... especially when it has little handwritten notes in it (and not bills ;) ).


Anyhoo, there was this lovely recipe for Oven Baked Chicken Strips and it gots me to thinkin'...


Miss Add hearts "chickey nuggets" with all her heart. So, I thought that I could try altering this idea to make my own frozen chicken nuggets from chicken breasts--instead of buying the pre-made ones at the store.

So, during the FREEZE-quel I asked Aunt Lou to cut-up a couple bags of chicken breasts.


Don't let her smile fool you... She assured me this was hard work and involved getting a blister on her thumb... Poor Aunt Lou :(


But boy, oh boy did she do a GOODe job!


I then took her cut up "nuggets" and coated them in a little egg.


I then took some Panko bread crumbs, grated Parm *swoon* and some Lawry's Seasoned Salt and threw them in a bag to coat the lil' suckers.

I sprayed the pan with Pam and the nuggets got a spritz of Pam as well.

I baked them at 350 until they were cooked through (15-20 minutes).


Best. Nuggets. Ever.

I then bagged them up and froze them up.


To warm 'em back up, I just tossed 'em in a pan and baked until warmed through...

Mom tested.

Add approved!

I heart this recipe.

I can feel great about Add mauwin' down on chicken breast and she loves them. No chicken nugget guilt, plus freeze ahead convenience and it cuts my nugget budget by 1/3. Mommy score!

I have to tell ya, I cannot wait until this summer. I have found a way around my two brown thumbs, and plan to be a freezin' up lots of garden fresh produce this summer... for many more feel good meals ;)

Details on what I have cooked up for this summer will come later, but now I have some super serious hint dropping to do for an upcoming...ahem... holiday...

This hint is for a certain husband of mine and his lovely daughter...

This mama is super excited about afore mentioned project and the below mentioned... ahem... "tools" would be very helpful to a certain mama--near and dear to your heart ;)... Just sayin'

Hint, hint



Wink, wink

5 GOODe Thoughts:

Hi Cris!
Looks delicious! I've made chicken strips and froze before, and boy do they come in handy. Delicious for chicken-ranch salad :)
Last fall, our family did tons of canning! We bottled over 500 bottles of garden goodness. I love canning and I hope that you get to can a ton!!! Have a happy day!

mmmm...were they still crunchy afterwards? I'm going to try it with turkey. :)

(What would I do if someone posted a recipe that I could sub for turkey? lol)

Kerin-- I am so excited!

Katie-- Very crunchy :)

Hey, there's our note...and our books! Thanks for all the Gooseberry love, Cris. Those chickey nuggets look delish AND they're approved by a toddler? SOLD. :)

Following from The Creative Girl's New Friend Friday.

Stop by and enter a giveaway for a Rachael Ray Bakeware set:
http://extremepersonalmeasures.blogspot.com/2010/04/do-you-know-about-family-of-csn-stores.html

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More