Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

It's a GOODe Life: An Uber-Complicated Method of Happiness


My little Life Coach is up to her wise ways again.


Teaching her "wise" Ole Mama


My girl loves people. LOVES them. And, more importantly--SHOWS them.


She has a way to make sure people know that she notices them. It is uber--complicated. Ready?


She says "Hi" and gives them a big Ole smile--dimples and all.


Doesn't matter who you are... What you do... What you are wearing ... Who is watching or who isn't...



Add will bend over backwards to say "Hi". And, I'll have ya know, I have seen her crack the toughest of stone faces.


Add knows that a kind word or smile can make someone's day--even if they don't want to admit it. 


She knows that when she gives her smiles and kindness away, it doesn't go away-- it multiplies.


Funny how things like love, kindness, leadership and gratitude do that...


How do we lose these wise instincts from childhood?  When did we start keeping our smiles instead of sharing them?


When did we stop wanting to see others light up? 
Or, did we just forget that we had the power to do that for another?


Funny thing about adulthood... so much of what we are chasing, we have had all along.

Tomorrow I am going to smile more.

I will consciously extend kindness to 5 people.

As a leader, I will encourage someone to lead with their strengths.

Today, I am thankful for:

  • Wonderful gal pals that "get" me
  • Wearing pink princess crowns at my daughter's request
  • A freezer full of great meals for my family
  • A man that loves me enough to mow my lawn
  • Corn on the cob on the grill

How about you?

4 GOODe Thoughts:

Oh, how true this is! Our little ones put the world in perspective, don't they? :)

Good Morning Cris and Add!
Add, thank you for being a ray of sunshine ! This world needs more just like you! Thanks for setting a good example of kindness for us grown-ups to follow! Thanks for sharing your kindness and smiles with all of us.
And, Cris... you are raising a wonderful daughter! One that people will look up to and want to be near, because she will make them fell good about themselves. Both of you have a wonderful day!

Hi Cris-
what a charming and truthful post.
When and why do we grow up?!
I vow to remain child-like, not childish.
Add is so darling. My life coaches are older now, but still teaching me.
(Giggle: my man loves me enough to mow my lawn, too! Whew! Cuz I hate doing it!)
The last picture of Add looks like she is singing a patriotic song!!
So sweet!
Enjoy her.

Good Morning Cris and Add!
Add, thank you for being a ray of sunshine ! This world needs more just like you! Thanks for setting a good example of kindness for us grown-ups to follow! Thanks for sharing your kindness and smiles with all of us.
And, Cris... you are raising a wonderful daughter! One that people will look up to and want to be near, because she will make them fell good about themselves. Both of you have a wonderful day!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More