Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

GOODe Read: Goals & Creativity


As many of you know, I am a Lou Tice Fan. His approach to goals has changed the way I approach life, significantly.

Truth be told, I am beginning to re-read his Smart Talk book this week.

I need some smart talk to get my head on straight to begin attacking all these goals swimming around in my little noggin'... spiritual, physical, mental, couples therapy with El...ya know the basics...

Anyhoo, I'd love for folks to read along... It is a fantastic read and I will be boring you with details for weeks to come...so ya just as well ;)  If you want to grab yourself a used copy for under $5, check out amazon.

Below is a great piece on creativity from his daily notes over at The Pacific Institute.

"Creativity"

Are you as creative as you'd like to be? Most of us aren't, but we could be. Today, I'll tell you how.



The first thing you need to do is get rid of the idea that creative people are born that way. Do not believe the old saying, "You either have it, or you don't." You should believe, however, that how we are raised has a lot to do with it.



No matter how you were brought up, if you are an adult, your life is now in your own hands and what you become is up to you. So if you want to be more creative, here are some tips.



The mind is like any other muscle: the more you use it, the stronger it gets and, therefore, the more you are able to use it. The best way to get great ideas is to get lots of ideas and throw all but the best ones away. It is important, too, to realize that creativity is deadened by routine and stimulated by doing things a little differently. In fact, creativity is doing something differently. So shake up your routines if you want to be more creative. Finally, seek out others whom you consider to be creative, and spend time with them.


Remember that creativity can be manifested in just about every activity under the sun. You don't have to be an artist, musician or writer to be creative. You can bring creativity into your life no matter what your life is like. Tomorrow, I will tell you how to make your creativity bloom. If you don't already know how, I think you will be surprised by how good it feels!

Lou Tice


The Pacific Institute


http://www.thepacificinstitute.com/

1 GOODe Thoughts:

Looks like a good book! It's great that there are others that can encourage us and help us reach our goals. Now... I've got to get back to my goal of getting the fence built! : )
Have a great day~!!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More