Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Monday, April 19, 2010

GOODe Idea: Homemade Steamer Bags


I heart steamer bags. 

Problem is they aren't cheap and with only 10 bags to a box, they run out way too fast.


I also heart Press'n Seal...

Truth be told, I heart it more.

I know, I know-- I shouldn't play favorites with my GLAD products--someone might get jealous.

But in these tough economic times a gal has got to do what a gal has to do. I've been thinkin' it might just be time for one of these lovely luxury items to remove itself from my budget... (And yes, I just referred to plastic wrap and steamer bags as luxury items...)

So, I gots to thinkin' how could I use one product to serve as both...

Enter my Press'n Seal Steamer Bag Invention ;)



Take one square piece of lovely luxury Press'n Seal


Add vegetable(s)


Seal sides to make your steamer bag


Leave steamer hole in one corner.

Ta- Dah! 

Luxury GLAD products budget cut in half... 

Oh, Mr. Ramsey would be proud... Just sayin'

 


2 GOODe Thoughts:

Good Morning Cris!
I haven't tried the steamer bags yet, but I have tried the press & seal... good stuff!
I'm off to spend a bit of time in the kitchen myself today :0
Hope you're doing something fun today:)

Mr. Ramsey would be proud!
Thanks for the tip!
(And the Sunshine Award! I passed it out already!)
You are a blessing!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More