Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Saturday, April 17, 2010

It's a GOODe Life: It's a Sunny Day!





As Miss Add would say, "it's a sunny day!!!"


I am honored to receive the Sunshine Award from Katie over at On the Banks of Squaw Creek! Thanks, Katie:)


I recently found Katie's site by participating in Twice Remember's Make Your Monday linky party. Katie had a brilliant way of storin' puzzles and after a little time on her blog, I was hooked! Oh and by the way, if you live west of the Mississippi and you like Subway's Turkey Sandwiches, you can thank Ms. Katie and her hubby;) Her family's 3rd generation turkey farm is one of the suppliers to the plant that provides the meat for your $5 foot long cravin'! 


Now, the rules of the award are:

1. Put the logo on your blog within your post.
2. Pass the award onto 12 bloggers. (This part is a toughy... I love sooo many!)
3. Link the nominees within your post.
4. Let them know they have received the award by commenting on their blog.
5. Share the love and the link to the person from whom you have received this award.

So, without further ado... here are my award winners :)

I heart this blog and the sentiment behind it. Terra (a blogger I have happened to know since childhood) has created the site for her daughter. Passing down all of their family recipes and cooking memories through this delightful site. Oh, and I want to be able to make bread like Terra when I grow up!

Ms. Shannon over at Quarry Orchard and I go way back as well. Shannon and Aunt Lou were good friends in school. I absolutely adore her DIY blog. She is always into the most creative and beautiful projects. Oh, and she has many cool homemade cleaning product recipes too. I will warn you, she gets pretty jazzed when she uses up the last of her name brand soaps/cleaners so that she can try a new recipe.


3. Beyer Beware
Regular readers already know my next blogger over at Beyer Beware. Ms. Leah is a GOODe friend of mine and I love reading her blog when I need a GOODe laugh. 


4. Cottage on Main
Kerin over at Cottage on Main makes my heart smile. We are new, but fast bloggy friends. Her blog is a like a stroll in the country... relaxing, refreshing and uplifting. I just love checkin' in and seein' what she is up to :)


5. Goodbye House, Hello Home
Leslie over at Goodbye House, Hello Home is another new, but GOODe bloggy friend :) Leslie is an absolute delight and always has some interesting make-over project in the works. Oh, and I only wish I was as brave as she is to attempt the Julie/Julia cookbook project. She claims she has even made Brussels sprouts taste GOODe :)


6. Our Storibook
Stori over at Our Storibook is another Hoosier blogger... I'm not biased, I promise ;) Stori and her hubby have four kiddos and a beautiful adoption story. I heart her Friday Faces posts. Family memories at their best! 


7. Creating by Cami
Cami over at Creating by Cami is one creative gal. Her blog is like having a craft book at your fingertips. I love seein' what new project she has tackled. 


8. A Life Fit for a King
Ms. Terra over at A Life Fit for a King (also of #1 Mom's Kitchen) is one of my great encouragers. Her blog is full of goals and day to day thoughts and observations. Terra has a heart of gold and I simply heart her blog(s). Oh, and she starts most of her blogs with a great quote... and I am a sucker for a great quote.


9. From Mess Hall to Bistro
Jen over at From Mess Hall to Bistro is a co-worker of mine and a master in the kitchen. Her tasty treats are yummo! Trust me, I know... sometimes she brings them into the office and they are gone in a flash. Jen is a great kitchen/recipe tester and I love to check out her new recipes.


10. Wilson (Lite)
Crystal over at Wilson (Lite) is a new blogger, but has gotten off to a great start. She has a cupboard organization system that has me drooling... if only my brain worked that way! There is even talk of a scanning system!!! Think I can bribe her into setting me up with one? ;)


11. Smockity Frocks
Connie over at Smockity Frocks is such an inspiration to me. I totally heart her blog and all of her tutorials and tips. She is an absolute delight to watch on her videos and I LOVE all her projects for little ones.


12. It's a Wonderful Life
Holly over at It's a Wonderful Life is a great example of someone who truly enjoys life. There is something so refreshing about droppin' in and seein' someone lovin' life. 


Well, those are my 12 picks for this happy little award :)


Thanks again Katie!

9 GOODe Thoughts:

Those blogs are all new to me! I can't wait to check them all out! And thanks for promoting my meat! :)

Good morning Cris!
Thanks for leaving such a sweet wish for us on our anniversary!! You are such a sweetie pie :)
Also, thanks for the shout out and passing on the award. So kind and generous of you too!
I am SO technologically challenged, it isn't even funny. I am going to see if I can get my youngest to help me figure out the award thing. I am so in deep water with the link stuff! :)
Have a wonderful day, and I'll catch up with you later.

Thanks for the sweet comments, Cris! I can't wait to check out the other blogs you mentioned; guess I know what I'll be doing this afternoon!

PS I heart Leslie's blog too! (To borrow your expression... ;-)

OH CRIS!
This is too GOODe to be true!
Thank you for my very first award!
I am blushing- can you see my red cheeks?
I love Holly's blog, too!
You know I have to go to all the other girl's houses now and say "hi", doncha?
I am supposed to be taking a nap.
Thank you for making my month!
Blessings from my home to yours!

Thank you! I am so honored you chose me to be in your list! :)

Thank you so much for the honor!!!

Chris,
You totally made my week! Your comments are always so sweet and what you wrote on this post had me smiling for an hour. I hope to get to passing on this award soon, and I can't thank you enough. So flattering!
Cami

Thank you! I am so honored you chose me to be in your list! :)

Good morning Cris!
Thanks for leaving such a sweet wish for us on our anniversary!! You are such a sweetie pie :)
Also, thanks for the shout out and passing on the award. So kind and generous of you too!
I am SO technologically challenged, it isn't even funny. I am going to see if I can get my youngest to help me figure out the award thing. I am so in deep water with the link stuff! :)
Have a wonderful day, and I'll catch up with you later.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More