Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Oh My Sweet Basil

After days of being down and out with a cold, today relief arrived.... (HALLELUJAH!) and I was oh so relieved because I was scheduled to speak to a couple hundred people about Facebook this morning.

I truly love my job. I am so blessed to have so many opportunities to speak about things I love like social media and blogging. This month alone I have had the opportunity to talk texting, Facebook, Twitter, Blogging and YouTube to age groups that range from teenagers to those who are young at heart in their senior years.

I love it because of the people. Give me a room full of people who want to discuss, brainstorm or learn and I will be on cloud nine all day! 

So, after waking this morning feeling tons better then spending some time with some fantastic people interested in learning all about the Wonderful World of Facebook, I was feeling good and on a mission.

I ran home and picked up my little girl for a much needed trip to the park (more on that tomorrow) and we had a blast.

On the way home I stopped by Walmart to pick up some basil.


I have been CRAVING my fresh Spinach Tomato-Basil Pizza and I have been dying to show you a pizzeria style crust in your oven using a broiler trick. Love, love, LOVE that technique.

Anyhoo... Walmart was once again out of basil. It is becoming an issue. I don't know if someone out there is stockpiling it at 3 bucks an itty bitty package or what... but it has been driving me batty!

So, I had to stop by Marsh on the way home as well, because I was NOT going home with out my sweet basil... just sayin'

While I was driving there I kept thinking how nice it was going to be when the nurseries around here had some basil because I can live a whole summer off of a couple plants that cost me less than one of those stinking little packages that go bad if you don't use them within a couple days... take that you Walmart basil hoarder.

Thankfully Marsh had some and they also had this interesting basil paste that I decided to buy and keep in the fridge as a back up.


When I got home, I promptly put my basil away and then I saw a gift bag on my counter from my speaking engagement this morning. 

As I looked through all of the wonderful little treats from the bag, I saw this cup with seeds. Instantly I thought that it must be an activity to show kids how seeds grow...

Then... I opened it... and I kid you not... I squealed with delight when I saw this...


It is BASIL baby!!!

This little pot made my day! I am so stoked. I have my little seeds already planted.

Grow baby, grow.
Photobucket

3 GOODe Thoughts:

Herbs make me SO happy!! Until my herb garden starts growing soon, I bought basil & cilantro to keep in my kitchen window. Sometimes I just grab a few leaves so I can smell my hands! :)

How exciting that you had some fun speaking engagements. I'd listen to you any day! :)

And it looks like it's from Farm Bureau, yeah!! Glad you'll be growing your own basil now, I've heard it's easy but have never tried it. If it's as easy as parsley, you'll have no problem:) Have a fabulous day!

Seredipity! Let us know how that basil paste works out too...we're intrigued. :)

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More