Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Heavenly Pumpkin Cake


Dear Reader, I am sorry I have been missing a bit this week. 

I have missed you guys so much that I decided to experiment on a new cake for you in the kitchen.


It starts out very simple... with an angel food cake mix (get it--heavenly ;))


Take the mix and add 1 1/4 cup cold water.


Mix 'er up.


Add about 1 T cinnamon


Add 15 oz of pumpkin and mix it up


Pour into a 9 x13 and bake at 325 degrees for 30-40 minutes-- until the cake passes the tooth pick test.


Cool in the pan on a cooling rack.


Meanwhile whip up some of the most amazing icing in the world... I used the same heavenly icing that I made for my Pioneerella Whoopie Cookie Pies


The perfect combination of the denseness of a pumpkin bread with the lightness of the angel food. 

And the icing... well we have talked about that... 

Must. Try. Now.


Enjoy!


(NOTE: To print the recipe card only, click on the card and then right click to save or print the card only.)

Shameless Request: We have been selected by Cheerios to be one of four possible Banner Ads on Cheerios.com. You can help us win by going to Cheerios Facebook page and "Liking" them and then going to their PHOTO TAB and our picture (Ad version #2) and telling Cheerios that you like the Pirate Adventure the best!


Photobucket

13 GOODe Thoughts:

This looks and sounds yummy! I already know I can do the icing...so I might have to give this one a try!

Glad you are back! I am going to try this, but first I am going to try the Whoopie cookie pies. I have everything to make them, just have to find the time. Did you get my email? Just checking. Have a good day.

Ok, as soon as I can find the Angel food cakes on sale, I am so making this!! I love anything angel food and anything pumpkin. I have a feeling this is going to taste as good as it looks!!

YUM!!! This cake looks sooo good! I've decided not to start my 'sugar free' diet today. Thank you for inspiring that decision! :-)

Cris
It sounds great. I have it printed and I will try it in the next few days I love pumpkin Thank You

LittleD loves pumpkin--I'll have to give her this recipe to make for us.
Tried to vote on your Cheerios contest, but I couldn't get the LIKE button to work. I think it's this stupid new-to-me laptop, though.

Looks wonderful. I must be hungry. First I wanted Jenn's applesauce bars; now I want a piece of that pumpkin cake. I do love pumpkin!

Looks wonderful. I must be hungry. First I wanted Jenn's applesauce bars; now I want a piece of that pumpkin cake. I do love pumpkin!

I am SO happy to find your blog today!!!! :-) First off, I LOVED the title because I'm from the south (TN), and I say "goodness, gracious" at least (literally a minimum) of 20 times a day! In fact, when I saw the cake photos, I was thinking "Goodness, gracioius, that looks good!" Then I laughed when I realized it!!! :-) LOL

Anyhoo....

Didn't mean to write you a book, but I hope you have a great day!

Blessings,
Melanie

Oh you are too sweet. Thank you so much! I am glad you found me too! Can't wait to get to know you.

I think I will have to try this very soon . We've a couple cans of pumpkin and it looks delicious 

Can not wait to try the angel food pumpkin cake.. but just one question I know you do not grease your pan for angel food cakes but with the pumpkin being added did not know if I needed to grease pan...

You shouldn't need to. Enjoy!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More