Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Buttermilk-Cornmeal Waffles


This morning Puddie took over the kitchen and made his very first recipe from my Goode & Gooseberry Patch Project: Buttermilk-Cornmeal Waffles.



He started out with 3/4 cup flour


Then added 1/4 cup cornmeal, 1t baking soda and 1/2 t salt


Then in a separate bowl, combine 1 cup buttermilk


with 1 T Oil


Meanwhile take 2 egg whites


And whip 'em baby.



Until stiff peaks (ours were a little soft but turned out just fine)


Now, combine your buttermilk with your dry ingredients...


Mix it up


Then fold in eggs.


Now, pour batter onto hot, greased waffle iron.


Don't worry if things get a little messy... it is just a sign you're doing it right ;)


When the waffles are cooked through, remove and cut into waffles.


This recipe makes 4 waffles.


I topped mine with sweetened strawberries...


And whipped cream... of course ;)


At first I thought these babies were a lot of work to not just go the Bisquick route...


I do love me some Bisquick... 

But I gots to tell ya... when I have the time... these babies are so light and spongy and the PERFECT treat. 

Definitely a keeper for the recipe box... just sayin'


Enjoy!

(NOTE: To print the recipe card only, click on the card and then right click to save or print the card only.)



Photobucket

9 GOODe Thoughts:

Oh, they look amazing. There is nothing that tastes quite like a waffle.

And these are so light. Love them!

Definitely looks like a delicious dessert!!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More