Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

The one where Monkey plays with monkeys


The other day the fam ventured over to Cincinnati.


We wanted to make a stop by IKEA (I needed to get me some of those AWESOME laundry bins!)


And Puddie wanted to make a pit stop at Jungle Jim's


However, the main part of our trip was to the Cincinnati Zoo...


It was by far the best trip to the zoo we have ever had...


The animals were so active and so close.


Well most were active...


These dudes were sleeping...


But they were still absolutely adorable and a sight to see.


Then we went to see a wolf about some howling...


It was amazing.


And beautiful...


We also saw the giraffes


And Miss Add had to see the elephants...


***


At some point we stopped for pizza...


And binoculars...


Then off to more animals...


***


But the highlight of the trip was the Bonobos...


The Bonobo babies were sooo adorable...


We loved watching them snug with their mamas


So precious


But then, one of the little babies took a break from the snuggin' and...


Ran right over and began to play with Miss Add...

He interacted with her until she was ready to leave. Miss Add tells you all about it in the clip below.


On our way out we stopped by and saw the gorillas...


Again... amazing, beautiful creatures...


I was in awe of God's creativity all day long.


That and there was no way I was gonna mess with this dude... just sayin'


The zoo keeper said that gorillas were more about intimidation than anything else...


I think this dude has it down pat...


Thanks for a wonderful time Cincinnati! 


Photobucket

5 GOODe Thoughts:

Love the pictures and it looks like you had a completely amazing day.

Great Pictures! Looks like fun day. Love the video!

Looks like you had a wonderful family day!
I haven't been to the zoo for years and years. You've got me wanting to plan a trip to the zoo :)
Have a wonderful day !

Great pictures! Looks like a really fun time! I love watching monkeys and gorrillas, they just fascinate me and they are so smart! Have a great day!

Blessings
Jill

What an amazing Creator we have! Isn't it fun to visit all those animals. I'm with Miss Add, I love to see the elephants. The giraffes are awesome. But I seriously dislike gorillas.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More