Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Sunday, October 18, 2009

To Goode Health: Dear Old El

Ahhh El, my dear old friend. Some days she annoys the crap out of me--sitting there--constantly judging me. Subjecting me to the way SHE thinks I should behave. Truth be told, I don't think Mike likes her very much either. He simply refuses to deal with her most of the time.

Then there are other days--days when I absolutely love her. She is so helpful in meeting my goals (on her terms of course) of losing weight, de-stressing, finding energy and feeling good about myself. And, I just love it when we watch my favorite tv shows together.

Ya see El is my elliptical. (Clever name that I can't take credit for-- a friend of a friend once named her's Ellie and I loved it!)

I got El years ago and she helped me lose tons of weight --twice (pre and post Monkey). She has been callin' lately, tellin' me she misses me. She knows I need her and she is relentless.

She has promised all kinds of things: weight loss, smaller clothes, energy, heart health, smaller thighs, less guilt when I eat that piece of pie...(shh!)

For all that...all I gotta do is give her 45 minutes a few days a week. Ugh.

Well here goes El--I will give you 3 days a week for the next month--so give it a rest already.

I so stink at negotiations...

0 GOODe Thoughts:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More