Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Friday, October 16, 2009

It's a Goode Life: All Better Now


Being two is tough. So is being in your 30's. My Add and I have a lot in common.


We now have a new regular occurrence in our house. A blood-curdling scream that will convince even the strongest skeptic that Addie has accidentally cut off a limb or someone has kidnapped Gilbert at knife point. Upon further investigation you will find that Add just wanted to hand you her sippy cup or that her favorite cartoon has come to an end.

These outbursts are typically short-lived as Add quickly learns that is no way to get what she wants in this house, but they still scare the crap out of me ever time I hear her. I am still the mom---dag gone mother nature again--.

Usually once mom is on the scene Add will settle down and pretty soon she will take a deep sigh and with relief say, "I all better now".


It is like she is saying, "Mommy, I know I was being irrational and now I am going to calm down and handle this like a big girl"

She uses this phrase when she is being super fussy or whiny too. I am about to pull my hair out and all of a sudden...


"I all better now."


It is as if the drama gets to be too much for even her and she is ready to fix the problem. A switch flips and she is back to being sweet little Add.


Ahhh, if only life were that simple for adults. Maybe it is. She decides to change her attitude and it immediately changes her behavior which immediately impacts the lives of others--namely me:)


She reminds me that attitude is 90% of the battle with just about anything: people, goals, projects, chores, etc.


Kind of like if I would just change my attitude about that sink full of dinner dishes in there...

Hmmm. Gotta go. I all better now.


Just another life lesson from my little life coach.

0 GOODe Thoughts:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More