Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Gooey Goode Goodeness: Oh Great Punkin'

The other day I saw a super cool idea on the new Gooseberry Patch blog about taking a cheeseball recipe and inserting a stem in it to make it look like a pumpkin.  This got me thinkin' so this weekend I decided to give it a try.  I altered a few things to make it a little more punkin-ey. You can make it with about any cheeseball recipe, just switch out your nuts for slice almonds for a more interesting punkin' shell. But I just started with my basic cheeseball recipe:


1/2 brick of Velveeta cubed
(Now quick, put the rest away before it sticks to your hips!)




1 Cream Cheese Brick at room temperature




1 small bag shredded sharp cheddar cheese




Mix'er up the old fashion way




and shape into a ball




Now chill... the cheeseball (you can chill too, it's just a cheeseball ;) ) in the freezer while you prepare the stem and punkin' shell




Cut the stem off of the real pumpkin and insert toothpicks to prepare for the imposter....muuuwahhhhh!




Now prepare the shell... aka sliced almonds




and shape your newly chilled cheeseball...quick like




Just kiddin' you can take your time...but wasn't that a cool shot Aunt Lou got of my ninja skills?




Just shape up the sides to whatever looks good to you...
Do not be afraid, it isn't rocket science...nope, it is CHEESE:) If you mess up, roll it back into a ball and start over.




Now comes the boring, yet rewarding task of applying the punkin' shell. 
As Aunt Lou told me, "Suck it up and do it"  I hate when she listens to me and uses it against me!




Once you got your shell on, insert the stem on the top.




Ta Dah!

Plop the plate on a grapevine wreath for some extra fall fun!




Please note: Ritz did not sponsor this project. However, Ritz--have your people call my people.  Monkey loves her crackers!

0 GOODe Thoughts:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More