Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

GOODe GOODeNESS: PaPaw's Campfire Cobbler



As promised, tonight's recipe is PaPaw's Campfire Cobbler... a definite treat when we visit horse camp :)

PaPaw takes 1 White Cake Mix, 1 Stick of Butter and 2 Cans of Pie Filling and makes campfire magic.

Memaw lines the campfire dutch oven with foil for easy clean-up and then PaPaw sprinkles a little of the cake mix on the bottom and adds a little of the butter.

Then he covers it with both cans of pie filling. You can make it all one flavor or half and half. We chose to have 1/2 cherry and 1/2 peach :)

The final step is to cover it with the remaining mix and butter.


Then PaPaw puts a lid on it ;) Then he places it on a bed of hot coals and scoops hot coals on top.

Neat, huh?


20 minutes later he removes it from the heat and...


Can you say YUMMO???




Photobucket

10 GOODe Thoughts:

This is my absolute FAVORITE camping treat! It sounds so simple, yet is SO YUMMY! :) I have learned to bring my own can of cherries being that Papaw is such a peach fan! haha

YUMMY as always! How will all these recipes ever fit in with my plan to LOSE weight? ;-) Enjoyed yesterday very much! Thanks for all you do to help the ADD former teacher learn new stuff!

That looks so so yummy!

Also I'm passing out some awards today. Come by and grab yours if you get a second!

In my opinion, everything is better over a fire...so I can't imagine how wonderful a cobbler is!! Save me a piece, pleeeeeeze. :-)

Well Cris that sure looks good Don't go camping but I might make something like that at home with a few changes. Sure could eat a piece right now.

Well Cris that sure looks good Don't go camping but I might make something like that at home with a few changes. Sure could eat a piece right now.

That looks so so yummy!

Also I'm passing out some awards today. Come by and grab yours if you get a second!

Ok, yum! We're actually taking the kids camping for the first time this weekend, so I'm glad I stumbled upon this. Do you think it would still turn out if it was over a wood fire? Probably wouldn't bake the top part though. Hmmm...

I am thinking it will need the coals on top. You could always use the coals for dinner and then switch over to wood for the rest of the night. Enjoy!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More