Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Janet's Farmer's Pie



Today's recipe from the yet-to-be released Gooseberry Patch Cookbook Quick and Easy Autumn Recipes has this Early Bird Reviewer's family very happy.



Janet Reinhart of Columbia, IL's recipe for Janet's Farmer's Pie is a fun twist on the classic Shepard's Pie.


Now I substituted those yummy Butterball pre-cooked grilled chicken strips for the canned strips... LOVE these things!


Now combine the chicken with a can of cream of chicken soup...


1/2 Cup French Fried Onions


And mix together with a 14 oz can of green beans or in my case my canned green beans from last year's garden. 


Pour into a small casserole and top with taters.


Truth be told... I cheated. My girlfriends all rave about the pre-made tubs of potatoes in the refrigerated section of the grocery store that I decided to give 'em and try... 


And they were sooo yummy and sooo easy.

After topping the casserole with the easiest mashed potatoes I have ever made in my life, I popped in the oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.



Then I put 1/2 cup of shredded cheese on top and baked for another 10 minutes.


Speaking of cheese... HAVE YOU SEEN these new cream cheese shredded cheeses?

It is like my two favorite things in the world came together to create more awesomeness. LOVE it!


Anyhoo... After 10 minutes you have pure deliciousness on your hands!


(NOTE: To print the recipe card only, click on the card and then right click to save or print the card only.)

Have you entered to win Quick and Easy Autumn BEFORE you can buy it? Whatcha waitin' for?


Hunk of Meat Mondays

9 GOODe Thoughts:

Are you kidding me?!? This sounds SO comforting! I just finished lunch but this is making me terribly hungry again!!! Can't wait to get my hands on this book!

My sis uses the premade mashed potatoes and swears by them! The farmers pie looks delicious:)

Oh this is pure comfort!
Sounds good!

Now this totally looks like my kind of casserole! Thanks for sharing.

Hmmmm I have leftover mashed potatoes and a baked ham and I think I will try it tonight with ham instead of insta chicken lol. Thanks for posting this!!

I made this using some leftovers I had in the fridge and posted the results with my modifications on my blog and linked back to your site...hope that is ok...this was AMAZING!!! Best casserole I've ever had! Thank you so much for sharing!!!

http://my-little-life-jaymie.blogspot.com/2011/04/farmers-pie.html

Perfectly fine! LOVE your spin on it.

AMAZING recipe, definitely one of my favorites. I added definitely more of the onion rings to it. I tried a different brand of the mashed potatoes because I was on a budget and they weren't that great. So definitely go out and buy the Bob Evan's Mashed potatoes instead!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More