Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Friday, April 8, 2011

Holy Cow Cake


Holy Cow!

;)

The dessert recipe you chose from the yet-to-be released Gooseberry Patch Cookbook Quick and Easy Autumn Recipes made for one yummy treat for this Early Bird Reviewer's family.


Psst... Have you entered to win Quick and Easy Autumn BEFORE you can buy it? Whatcha waitin' for? Just a few days left to enter. 


This super rich and sweet cake takes about every wonderful ingredient in the world and puts it together in a pan to make an oeey gooey cake that certainly makes you exclaim... HOLY COW!


You just bake up a chocolate cake in a 9 x13 pan


Meanwhile, combine 1 jar of caramel sauce and 1 can of sweetened condensed milk.


This is the ooey gooey part...


Or the oooh ahhhh factor ;)


Now while that cake is nice and hot, poke holes in it.


Now pour that gooey awesomeness all on top.


And crunch up half a butterfinger bar and sprinkle on top.


Now chill baby for 2 hrs in the fridge


When the cake is nice and cool, take a brick of cream cheese, a tub of cool whip and 1 cup of sugar and mix them up into a heavenly icing.

And yes I used the low fat versions... trimming the calories/fat where I can... because HOLY COW there is a lot of awesome sweet stuff in this baby ;)


You know where this is headed... pour it on top baby...


Oh yeah...


Now sprinkle the other half of the Butterfinger on top.


Now cut into the awesomeness...


Enjoy!

(NOTE: To print the recipe card only, click on the card and then right click to save or print the card only.)

****
Alternative Printing Option: Choose the green Printer Friendly button below and delete areas of post you wish not to print.

Ingredients:
1 Chocolate Cake Mix-prepared
14 oz Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
12 oz Jar Caramel Topping
8 oz Cream Cheese
8 oz Cool Whip
1 Cup Sugar
1 Butterfinger Bar-crushed

Directions:

1. Bake cake according to box. 
2. Mix milk and caramel.
3. Poke holes in hot cake and pour caramel/milk mixture over top and sprinkle half of candy bar on top.
4. Chill for 2 hrs in fridge.
5. Mix cream cheese, sugar and cool whip together.
6. Top chilled cake with icing and remaining candy bar crumbles.


***




Photobucket

14 GOODe Thoughts:

Oh my! I believe I've had this cake before and I believe it goes really well with some red wine:)

Sound and looks real good like moist cakes.

this looks like a Paula Deen recipe I have made many times but it goes by another name (better not put it on here....you probably know the name), but she uses toffee chips...yummy. I will try Butterfinger, one of my hubby's favorites.

What a cake!
I love your w.w. cream cheese :)
Way to save on calories :)

Oh, I am so making this cake!! I have to change the candy though, my husband is allergic to peanut butter, so I have to think of something else that would work. Oh my, I am so thinking dessert for dinner tonight!!

Holy Cow is right...thats what I'd be if I started eating this! Because I wouldn't want to stop! (lol)

Thanks for joining in on the Blog Hop!

I hope you will link up more of your recipes on
"Made it on Monday my WEEKLY RECIPE LINK PARTY!

Links open every Wed.-Sat. :)

http://larkscountryheart.blogspot.com

Thanks for linking up on 2 Maids a Baking!! Yum!!

Awesome! I am SO gonna make this for my church small group meeting this Sunday!
Bernice

Wow! That looks gooey and VERY addicting! YUM!

Awesome! I am SO gonna make this for my church small group meeting this Sunday!
Bernice

don't think i can stomach this... too much sweetness, but it's oh sooo tempting!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More