Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Friday, April 23, 2010

It's a GOODe Life: Bubblin'


My gal hearts her bubbles. 

No. Really.

She'd rather be bubblin' than almost anything else.




So, when I saw what the store wanted to charge me for a bunch of soapy water, I got inspired by Ms. Shannon over at Quarry Orchard with all her DIY household recipes. I decided to do some online research and make my own preschooler happiness potion.


I started with 11 cups of water in a gallon jug. (Ignore my covered hand... the measuring cup was REALLY hot--straight from the dishwasher, after a long FREEZE-quel day of use.)




I then added 4 cups of liquid dish soap. Note: I was a little worried at this point. Things were lookin' a little "thick"


Then 1 cup light corn syrup. At this point, I was a lot concerned...


But like the magic preschooler potion it was, the solution turned the perfect consistency.


I then poured it into Add's amazing little no-spill bubble contraption...

Have you used these things?!?

A mama's best friend! It is the perfect size and somehow it manages NOT to spill even though it has a big Ole hole in it.

If you have a preschooler... get ya one of these things.


The bubbles turned out beautifully! They are sturdier bubbles than the store bought stuff, which thrills Miss Add. She can actually chase them down now ;)

I made $4-$5 worth of bubbles around $.50 and they are better bubbles at that. Mommy score!

Happy bubblin'

13 GOODe Thoughts:

I am so going to do that for my nephews! Where did you get the no-spill bubble thingy? We love bubbles, and ones that don't burst so easily would be great! Now if I can just keep Patrick from drinking the stuff... :-)

I got Add's at Target, but I have seen them at Walmart too. They make them in the little size and they make big ones with multiple wands too.

Add's was $1.50. Not bad for hours of fun!

Hello. I am here from New Friend Friday and decided to follow you. I hope you will check me out. I am #38 on Mr. Linky or http://traci66.blogspot.com
Happy Friday my little man and daycare kiddos love bubbles. Thanks for the recipe

Yay!! I'm going to give this a try myself! I can't keep up with the bubble solution for Rylee....always buying bubbles it seems.

BTW...it looks as though Addie is growing like a weed by your pics! Looks like she is getting quite tall. What a cutie!! Please, lets get Rylee and her together sometime this summer to play. I just bet they will have a ball together!

Definitely going to make this.......my kids LOVE bubbles to...I think they get it from their Momma! ;)

Good Morning Cris!
What a great idea! I'll have to stick this one away in my 'someday, if I have grandkids' file :) Sure could have used the no spill bubble thingy when our kids were small. What a cool invention!
Hope you make the banana cake... it is too yummy!!
Hope you have a terrific day and do something fun!

Hello! I am stopping in from New Friends Friday! My little guy loves blowing bubbles too, just as much as he likes to pour the bubble liquid on the ground, in his cozy coupe car and on his slide. So I need a more cost effective bubble potion. Thanks!

I am very curious about this no spill contraption! :)
I'm glad it worked! (and is cheap!!) :)

Hello new friends Traci66, Tiffany and TweePoppets!

Allison- I completely agree. The next time we are going to be down there for an extended time, I'll let you know.

Jamie- Go ahead and make it for yourself. We can pretend it is for the kiddos.

Kerin- I am thinkin' we might be havin' a GOODe Banana Cake this weekend ;)

Shannon- It is the most curious thing. I have held it upside down and nada. Genius I tell ya!

I'm your newest follower from New Friend Friday. I would be honored if you choose to do the same!

I'm your newest follower from New Friend Friday. I would be honored if you choose to do the same!

Hello! I am stopping in from New Friends Friday! My little guy loves blowing bubbles too, just as much as he likes to pour the bubble liquid on the ground, in his cozy coupe car and on his slide. So I need a more cost effective bubble potion. Thanks!

Definitely going to make this.......my kids LOVE bubbles to...I think they get it from their Momma! ;)

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More