Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tasty Cookie Pops


Looking for a fun treat to make with the kiddos? Look no further! Tasty Cookie Pops fit the order perfectly.



This recipe is just another GOODe find in Gooseberry Patch's-- soon to be released-- 101 Cupcake, Cookie and Brownie Recipes.


And, in case you missed it... Gooseberry Patch sent me one as a sneak peek and one to giveaway... and I am giving one of these away BEFORE you can buy it! Head on over to my giveaway post to enter to win ;)


Now, back to the cookies! 


Truth be told, Miss Add was drawn to this recipe...

I don't know why... cookies... with sprinkles... on a stick??? Crazy kid.


We started with 1/2 Cup of Butter


And 1/2 Cup of Shortening


And added 1 Cup of Sugar and 1 Cup of Powdered Sugar


Once that was smooth we added 3/4 Cup of Oil


2 Eggs and 2 t of Vanilla


While that mixed up, Miss Add took 4 Cups of Flour and added 1 t Baking Soda, 1 t Salt and 1 t Cream of Tartar. 

I would bore you with the pics, but they all look very similar... you dump a bunch of white stuff --albeit important white stuff-- into the other white stuff... the flour.


Mix up the dry goods and then gradually add to the butter mixture.


Mix until dough forms.


Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.


We then prepared our decorating station...


We picked up this Merry Muffin Tin Tip from Pillsbury.


As a mama of a lil Monkey that likes to taste all the spilled ingredients... 


This sprinkles-in-the-tin tip comes in quite handy for cookie dippin'


Now, roll your dough into 1 1/2 inch balls and ask the kiddos to roll them in the sprinkles.


Then place on a lined cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.


Then insert sucker sticks into each cookie.


Then bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.


Once they are done baking, let them cool for a couple minutes on the cookie sheet and then transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling.


For a fun spin on this tasty treat, skip the sprinkles and roll in toffee bits instead.


These were Puddie's favorite...


Yum!


Enjoy!


Don't forget to enter to win!
Tools used in this post:

Linked to:


Photobucket

7 GOODe Thoughts:

Lil Monkey is adorable! And those cookies are cute, too. I love the idea of putting sprinkles in muffin tins. I might have to steal that for myself, in spite of the fact I don't have any littles around to bake with!

How fun!! These are such cute treats. Clever way to get the sprinkles on. I used to simply shake the shaker...and get sprinkles everywhere. Where do you get sucker sticks?

Cris,
What a great activity to do with Add!!
I'm sure she'll remember this for years and years.
They turned out adorable, and look simply tasty!!

How fun!! These are such cute treats. Clever way to get the sprinkles on. I used to simply shake the shaker...and get sprinkles everywhere. Where do you get sucker sticks?

Lil Monkey is adorable! And those cookies are cute, too. I love the idea of putting sprinkles in muffin tins. I might have to steal that for myself, in spite of the fact I don't have any littles around to bake with!

What a cute idea to do with children! Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More