Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Monday, December 13, 2010

The BEST Blondies- Ever!


Oh Dear Reader--brace yourself.

If you are anything like me, this recipe is about to rock your world...



Ya see when Gooseberry Patch sent little ole me their "Coming Soon" 101 Cupcake,Cookie and Brownie Recipes Cookbook, this brunette was instantly drawn to The Best Blondie recipe... instantly.

(Psst... If you want to win this awesome book BEFORE you can buy it, I am giving one away ;) )


I heart blondies wayyy more than brownies...just sayin'

And, dear reader-- these truly are the BEST I have ever had.


It might have something to do with the fact that ya start with two sticks of butter...


That and two cups of brown sugar ;) Now mix'er up until smooth.


Beat in two eggs--sans shells ;)


With two teaspoons vanilla


Mix in two cups flour


1/2 teaspoon baking powder--note my laziness... I used my teaspoon--gasp-- and just filled it half way.


Well and then with the salt, I just grabbed some... it was late. It should have been 1/4 teaspoon.


Now the fun part. 1 Cup chopped pecans


And lookie there...1 Cup of Ghirardelli White Chocolate Chips that ACTUALLY made it to a recipe...BEFORE I consumed them... 

I have a problem. 

Admitting it is the first step. 

The first and only step I am willing to make at this point...just sayin'


And 3/4 Cup Toffee Bits... Yum!!!


Now, line the bottom of a 9 x13 pan with parchment... which will turn out to be very handy if you happen to burn the tar out of your first batch...not that I know about these sorts of things...


Grease/Spray the inside edges of your pan as well... also making burn removal easier...


Now spread in your pan and bake at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes....or 25 if you are using my new oven and don't know what you are doing and not really paying attention to boot.

See if you go about baking and forget to check... this may or may not happen.


Holy smokes. 

I was bummed. 

But then I realized I hadn't used my brownie pan that I was wanting to try and all of a sudden this smokey cloud had a silver lining!

It's the little things--really.


Spritz the inside of your pan with oil.

Repeat all those steps above--sans the burning part...


Fill up the cavities with the mixture that might just give you cavities...ha!


Now pop 'er in the oven and PAY ATTENTION this time dag-gone-it!


Much better!


Pop out and give 'er a cool down on a cooling rack.


Ooeey Gooey Awesomeness...


Enjoy!

Don't forget to enter my cookbook giveaway ;)

Tools used in this post:
Indiana Family of Farmers Measuring Spoon
Wilton Brownie Bar Pan (Similar to: Kitchen Essentials® from Calphalon® Bar Pan)
Pampered Chef Large Scoop

 

Photobucket

6 GOODe Thoughts:

So sad to hear about the first batch, but second batch looks very YUMMY. Love that individual bar pan! That would come in handy for school baking! Where did you find it?

Oh my! These look so good. I love blondies...especially if they involve toffee!

Yeah, those look delicious! But I would have a hard time actually getting the Ghirardelli chips into the batter. One for me, one for the batter, two for me, one for the batter, etc.

yum yum yum yum! Did I mention yum?!

yum yum yum yum! Did I mention yum?!

You're so cute -- I'm in hunt of the best Blonde recipe and came upon your blog. I may try this one...

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More