Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

GOODe GOODeNESS: Texas Ranch Soup


The Big FREEZE ( the 3rd part to my FREEZE-O-RAMA CHILL-ogy) was a BIG success. I do believe this was the biggest GOODe freezer cooking day yet. I am so stoked about the recipes I have waiting for me in the freezer.

One HUGE family hit is Texas Ranch Soup.


Yummo!

GOODe FREEZE-O-RAMA TIP: I like cooking up a soup on freezer days for the family to eat on throughout the day and then freeze the leftovers at the end of the day.


This recipe comes from one of my new Gooseberry Patch Cookbooks, Mom's Favorite Recipes. I am IN LOVE with this cookbook. It is quickly becoming my new favorite. I got it for Mother's Day along with Summer in the Country and Farmers' Market Favorites.

I hadn't even asked for this book, but when we were ordering the two I wanted, it made sense shipping-wise to get one more book... and I don't pass that kind of opportunity up, so I opted for this one. Boy am I glad I did. You will be seeing a lot of this baby in the future. This cookbook just "gets" me... Just sayin'.


(Click on image above to bring up screen to print recipe only.)

I started with my seasoned ground beef (1 1/2 lbs).


Then added in some fresh herbs from my potted herb garden. (Don't be too impressed. If I can grow herbs, anyone can... I have the brown thumbs to prove it! When I realized the whole plant cost the same as a handful of sprigs, I decided it was well worth the risk.)


I also tossed in some frozen spinach (1/2 cup) for a vitamin boost.


Then I returned to the recipe... well sorta ;)


Ya see it called for 2 can "Ranch Style" Beans. Call me ignorant, but for the life of me, I couldn't find beans that were labeled "Ranch Style". The closest I found were "Texas Ranch" and they had jalapenos in them... This Goode doesn't do heat, so I went safely to what I knew... "Baked Beans"--the big can. 


Then two cans of diced tomatoes... I heart Red Gold ;)


Then 1 pack Taco Seasoning


 2 cans corn or the equivalent of frozen corn.


I then added in some frozen red bell pepper from my great Red Bell Pepper find


Salt & Pepper to taste and then mix'er up.


Sooo Yummy!


Add some shredded cheddar and a little crush tortilla chips (I like lime flavored).


Now one of Puddie's favorite dishes!


Like I said, The BIG FREEZE was a big success. Check out what is hanging out in my freezer right now:


8 family size beef meals
8 individual size lunches
5 packs chopped onion


4 family sized poultry/pork meals

5 poultry marinade packs for grilling
  • 3 Italian Chicken
  • 2 Balsamic Rosemary Chicken
Whew! Did I mention I was tired? 

Sure glad I don't have kitchen clean up for another month ;)

19 GOODe Thoughts:

Wow! That all looks sooo good! I think I need to plan a freezerama day!

Can't wait to try this recipe! I have a soup recipe that is fantastic and would work great for your freezeramas! I will be sure to share it soon!

Another great looking recipe & I'm still so jealous that you have all those meals just waiting around for you :) As for the Ranch Style Beans...that is actually the brand & they make different varieties of Ranch Style Beans. Around here, the only place that I know of that has them is the Dollar General. Weird, isn't it? But that's the only place I could find them when I needed some 1 time for a recipe. You can also find them on Amazon if you would prefer to order in bulk for future use. :)

Cris,
Everything looks so yummy!! And Rosemary/balsamic chicken.....the best!! Anything that has rosemary in it is #1 in my book!

Ladies, I LOVE this recipe!!! You gots to try it!.

Barbara- I can't wait to see your recipe!

Terra- Thanks for the info! How did I miss that memo on Ranch beans????

Kerin- Rosemary is my absolute fav!

Wow...that soup looks amazing but WOW your freezer stash is AWESOME. Inspiring, as usual! (Thanks for the GBP love too.)

I love Gooseberry Patch cookbooks! :D This recipe sounds divine!

Thank you for sharing!
Sherry

Your freezer meals look fabulous - I am sure you are going to be glad you tired yourself out making them. I wondered what those beans were also - I would've chosen poorly I am sure.

Great job! Your meals look so organized too.

I'm going to try your "Lasagna in a Pot." It looks delicious. Being married to a man of Italian descent, I would have to use ricotta cheese. So I'll be watching for it to go on sale. But I bet it will be a big hit around here! Thanks for the recipe.

Looks amazing! I really need to take a day or two and get a few extra meals in the freezer - especially since it's so hot and some days I just can't cook!

Looks like a great recipe. My husband is Texan will love this. Hope you have a successful freezer cooking day

Looks like a great recipe. My husband is Texan will love this. Hope you have a successful freezer cooking day

When we are working with a buyer we employee every resource available to help you find that perfect deal. Looking at Texas Ranch

Land For Sale in Tx takes experience and knowledge. Commuter Estates, Hunting ranches, Income Producing Farms, or Recreational Retreats, we have experience with every type of property.

Yum,thanks for sharing this. I think I'm also going to look for a copy of that cookbook too. I love all the easy recipes.

Sounds great!! I'm making it tonight! I noticed the recipe in the cookbook underneath this one is for Cajun Corn Soup. That one sounds good too...ever tried it? Would you be willing to share that recipe as well? :-)

Sure! I will add it to my menu in a few weeks and share :)

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More