Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

It's a Goode Life: Just Ain't Right

My baby has been under the weather today and I have spent the day cuddling her and being bummed that she is not feeling well.

There is something just wrong about a child being sick. As a child I spent a lot of time being sick-- in and out of hospitals. Sick kids--no matter how minor or severe--It just ain't right.

This got me thinking about other things that I deem "Just Ain't Right"...

1. It just ain't right to have to pay for a "warranty" on a new product. If the product is worth my hard earned money, why can't the company stand behind their product without additional financial incentive from me?

2. It just ain't right that the paper towel industry makes it so darn confusing to find out which brand has the best deal.

None of the rolls are the same size and number of roles vary.

Quality varies--big time.

Coupons range from $.25-$1.00 off.

Double rolls, triple rolls--math on packaging to tell you how 9 rolls equals 23 1/2 rolls...

Walmart's cheat sheets on the tags don't even help. They range from $9 per unit to $.20... obviously units are counted differently depending on the brand.

GIVE ME A BREAK... I have a budget to stick to and a fidgety two year old. I don't have time to read all your fine print and these are paper towels for Pete's sake! Which-- I assume is exactly why you get away with it.

3. It just ain't right that they canceled Joan of Arcadia, My So Called Life, Commander in Chief and Lipstick Jungle in their prime...all fantastic shows that were killed off before their time.

4. It just ain't right that mankind has not figured out a more efficient way to launder and fold socks.

Just sayin'

Would love to hear what you find "Just Ain't Right"...

1 GOODe Thoughts:

Well, it "just ain't right" when you pay a college tuition in exchange for an education, but instead get an unprofessional & incompetent professor & disorganized mess for a course!

As for the paper towels (which I completely agree with you about), I've been buying the White Cloud version. They are affordable (without a coupon) & come in the select-a-size (which saves us a BUNCH) & do a decent job. (I'm actually a Bounty girl through & through, but they got too darn expensive.)

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More