Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

It's a Goode Life: Confessions of a Fat Girl

I have an announcement to make.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am an overachiever.

I am on track to gain 40 lbs over the next year if I want... amazing isn't it.

Most college freshmen are only able to gain 15lbs in this amount of time.

But ya see I have gained 10 lbs in the 3 months since Thanksgiving. Merry Christmas. Happy New Year. Will you be my Valentine?...There is more of me to love now ;)

To be fair, my weight fluctuates 5lbs all the time. Weight loss or not. But, there is no denying the big fat 1-0.

10 lbs.

I have no idea why... it couldn't be the pie, ice cream, pizza... They are my friends after all.

And it couldn't possibly have to do with my lack of time with El... she is so unreasonable afterall...expecting me to run after her all the time.

So you can see my dilemma... I know I should try and lose weight, but I could really become accomplished in this weight gain endeavor. My gut is telling me I could really succeed at it.

1 GOODe Thoughts:

You're not alone girlfriend! I'm blaming mine on all this snow we've been getting. You know, the kind of snow that makes you want hot homemade biscuits with butter, snow ice cream, brownies, chicken and dumplings...just the usual comfort food. I have to eat all of this...after all, I am snowed in for days with a 3 year old! That in itself calls for good food:) Good golly this month has been a total bust for me!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More