Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

What Would Your Perfect Day Look Like?

HELP!

My to do list is after me and she sure looks scary!


I think that after the winter we have had, I have been in this major dreary rut and even down in the dumps a little... which has made my procrastination tendencies even worse.

So now that I am coming down off my Blissdom high... and I have all of these things I want to do and learn and do and get done and read and arrange and... well...um... do...

I am a disorganized mess! I am spinning my wheels with the worst case of goal ADD.

Now, if I were one of my facilitation clients I would look me straight in the eye and say...

"Aha... I know exactly what the issue is..."

Then I would say to me: "Oh you do, do you?"

Then I would tell me that: "You don't have a clear picture of what success looks like to you anymore. Let me help you develop that..."

Then I would say to me: "Thank you sooo much!"

It is true. 

I am finally awake from my winter/lull hibernation (Dear Mother Nature- Please read my memo. Stop the snow/ice already.- Love Me)

I have lists and lists of things I want to do... and every night I go to bed disappointed that I didn't get more done rather than celebrating what I have achieved and assessing where I want to go the next day.


My days are spent fire-fighting with purpose. I want to do this or that so I need to put that fire out. Oh and I can't forget to this or that... but all I am left with is a hot mess.


So, here I am stopping and trying to figure out what it would take for me to go to bed feeling good about the day... besides just the attitude change.

So, what does a perfect day look like to me...


Okay, okay... perhaps I need to consider what a realistic perfect day looks like...


So, while my life isn't a beach... I am shooting high folks... Balance baby.

Balance.

I figure balance for me has several parts: Spiritual, Personal/Emotional, Family, Physical, Home, Work, Online

And, while I have TONS goals for each of these things... for the next week I am going to focus on 2 goals in each area.


Spiritual:

1. Daily Prayer Journal
2. Find a new Bible reading plan and upload it to my iPad



Personal/Emotional:
1. Read from one of the gazillion books I have stacked up around the house.
2. Begin working on a creative space like this.



Family
1. Read 3+ books a day w/ Miss Add and do at least one creative play activity a day.
2. Spend daily one on one time w/ my man-sans tv/electronics/phones and the interwebs ;)


Physical
1. Elliptical or Yoga (5 x/wk)
2. Go to bed by midnight


Home
1. Complete. The. Kitchen.
2. Cook at least once a day


Work
1. Daily prioritized list
2. Scheduled work/family time


Online
1. Get my Google Reader and Hootsuite updated with all my new contacts and under control
2. Create an editorial calendar for all my series here and keep the authenticity going on Unfolding Wallflower.

So, now I have a road map to success for the next week and I am already feeling better.

What would be on your list?

Photobucket

11 GOODe Thoughts:

Woo girl, that is a great list! Reminded me of one of my favorite quotes:
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."

Looks like you have some awesome "clearly defined goals" :) :)

Have you ever read "Sink Reflections"? Changed my life 6 years ago, but again even that is a plan that needs to be checked in balance.

Mwah!
Amanda

That looks pretty ambitious to me!

I went through a long funk last fall, where I wasn't accomplishing much (anything) and now that I'm being more productive, I feel so much better. PRODUCTIVE is my word for 2011. :)

Midnight?? You go to bed at midnight? And what time do you get up to begin accomplishing all that - 4 AM?? I'm thinking you're expecting a lot out of yourself. Just sayin' ;-)

I have really enjoyed using 'The Daily Bible' this year. I usually use my NASB, and I know where everything is in that Bible, but The Daily Bible has the date on the top of the section I'm to read, which is very helpful. I'm really enjoying it.

I like the idea of the creative space, but I bet yours would look better and not so busy. A busy creative space would freeze my brain.

And now a question: I took my subscription option off my blog because I realized that people wouldn't see all the rest of the stuff on my blog - like my book and my soaps. Do you think there's an advantage in keeping the subscription option available?

Have a great weekend! :-)

How about now you make my list now :)

This year I'm reading a yearly chronological bible. I really like it. The English major in me appreciates chronological order.

Help? Looks like you've got it under control! For some reason whenever I make a list -actually put things down in writing- it seems so much more do-able. When things are just floating around in my head it seems nearly impossible to achieve what I want.

I share a lot of your goals and need to add a few. Guess I need to start writing! More power to you!

Isn't it so funny how we can look into someone else's life and know exactly what the problem is, lol?
You did a great job of breaking down what to focus on! Normally I would say that this is a lot to focus on, but these aren't all *goals* but habits you are wanting to build into your life. If you find it is too much, back down to 3 or 4 to really get ingrained.
Now if I can just get motivated...
Bernice
http://livingthebalancedlife.com/2011/is-multitasking-the-key-to-productivity/

I am tired reading all of those goals/ habits. But the fact that you have taken the time to prioritize alone is a great accomplishment. Do what you can with what you have where you are...that is what my dad always said to me. That's what I try to do to BALANCE. Keep us posted Cris. I am most interested in finding the time to exercise 5x a week and your Bible reading goals!
Katie
http://pinkepost.blogspot.com

I am with ya on needing a vision for what success looks like. Right now, staying alive is success! Praying for you!

Balance is a good way to think about a ToDo list. I should start thinking in those terms, instead of the big ol' list.
I did pretty good, though, today, in balancing life.
The only thing I missed on was making a good dinner for my family. But, something had to give, since I was out of the house most of the day.

Balance is a good way to think about a ToDo list. I should start thinking in those terms, instead of the big ol' list.
I did pretty good, though, today, in balancing life.
The only thing I missed on was making a good dinner for my family. But, something had to give, since I was out of the house most of the day.

I am with ya on needing a vision for what success looks like. Right now, staying alive is success! Praying for you!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More