Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

A GOODe Lean Burger



Continuing the theme of Cris is oh-so sick of winter and she comes here and whines about it ;)...

I have been making an unusual amount of hamburgers lately.

I figure at least my mouth can pretend it is summer...

I heart my grill. I sooo miss her.

But, I figure if I am stuck with my stove top for now, I should take advantage of getting away with a leaner cut of ground beef  and not losing my juiciness factor. On the grill I usually use a lean ground beef or higher fat beef. (Grilling sucks out the juices of extra lean ground beef too much for my taste.)


But, with my skillet, I can control those juices a little more,  so I go with extra lean for this recipe.


I cut my pound into 4 even pieces.


Now I place in my hamburger press.


And press...


Now add pepper.. 


And Lawry's...


And flip onto medium-hot skillet and repeat.


Once the bottom browns, flip...


And cover... this will help you cook them up without adding extra fat.


Pardon my water spots


Once your juices run clear, remove from heat and add a slice of cheese...


Add to a bun and condiments of your choice...


Yummy!


Enjoy!


NOTE: To print the recipe only, click on the image of the card. It will take you to a page with just the card. You can then right click and save or print.
Photobucket

11 GOODe Thoughts:

Hamburger press... I have never heard of such a thing.. where would one buy such a hamberger press?

Wally world should have them... if not, Bed, Bath and Beyond has them. LOVE them.

Yumminess! I never have cooked a burger on the stovetop but you make them look so easy and yummy! I will definitely have to try this! Thanks!

I have never had a hamburger press! We do however have the cast iron, only mine does not have lids!! I will have to try covering the meat. We use our grill even in the winter. My husband cooks all fish out there, no matter how cold it is, because it smells the house up and sets off all the fire alarms if I let him do blackened fish on the stove!! Your burger looks pretty darn good!!

Mmmm yum! So glad I'm not the only one. I had to make myself a burger (and sweet potato fries - yum!) for dinner last night. And that's when I use the ground turkey because my grill pan will allow it. Mmmmmm! Am I allowed to giggle that you use an actual meat press?

I have wonderful old cast iron skillets, probably 70 years old, handed down in the family. I rarely use them! I think I'll start again. The burger looks great - I'll take lettuce, tomato, and jalapenos on mine, please. Happy Valentines Day!

My mouth juices are running clear. That looks SO yummy. And have you ever tried a grill pan? I got one from Kohl's for Christmas and use the heck out of it, especially for grilled chicken. But nothing beats the flavor of cast iron.

My mouth juices are running clear. That looks SO yummy. And have you ever tried a grill pan? I got one from Kohl's for Christmas and use the heck out of it, especially for grilled chicken. But nothing beats the flavor of cast iron.

I have wonderful old cast iron skillets, probably 70 years old, handed down in the family. I rarely use them! I think I'll start again. The burger looks great - I'll take lettuce, tomato, and jalapenos on mine, please. Happy Valentines Day!

I have never had a hamburger press! We do however have the cast iron, only mine does not have lids!! I will have to try covering the meat. We use our grill even in the winter. My husband cooks all fish out there, no matter how cold it is, because it smells the house up and sets off all the fire alarms if I let him do blackened fish on the stove!! Your burger looks pretty darn good!!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More