Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Monday, June 7, 2010

It's a GOODe Life: Worms


"Mommy, is that your car?"

"Yes, Baby"

"Are you here?"

"Yes, Baby. I'm here."

Welcome to my now regular conversation with my near 3 year old. I think it is finally sinkin' in that Mama now works from home and my Add... well she likes it.

Car in driveway = Mama at home to Miss Add . I do believe the child walks by me 20 times a day to check to see if my car is in the driveway... just to be sure I am not an imaginary friend, I suppose.

Speakin' of "I suppose", that is Miss Add's new phrase. Now Aunt Lou and Auntie Leann would say that is because Miss Add is my "mini-me" and has now picked up on mama's special style of talkin', but I don't know. I suppose that truth be told that might be it ;)

Anyhoo, back to Miss Add's car count... this new obsession over Mommy's car also means that when Mama does have to leave for an appointment or meeting with a client, there is a heightened form of the "Mommy don't go" conversation... you know the one... the one where your heart sinks into your shoes...

I have found that in these situations Miss Add calms down when we talk about our plans for when I return. It gives us something to look forward to and she knows Mama's car will soon be back in the driveway.

Today was no different. I had a meeting with a couple of clients and was headed out the door when that adorable child gave me those puppy dog eyes.

"You can't go to work Mommy," she said with tears welling up.

I then asked her if we could play in her sprinkler when I got home and all of a sudden joy filled those eyes and before long she was rushing me out the door...

So when I got home, we gots to playin' and THIS is the face I got:


Miss Add hearts this little flower dude... BIG TIME.


There were trust issues to begin with though.


But, soon she got over it...


Daddy had to step in and fix things at one point


Our hero!


Truth be told, I think Daddy had some trust issues with the flower dude as well ;P Just sayin'


Before long, things were up and going again.


And, Add began buildin' up her courage...


A little bit


at 


a


time!


Miss Add loves these "worms"... Truth be told, she has a thing for "worms"


She likes her bath with "worms" (shower)


She likes her sketti with "worms"


However, she's not a fan of real worms...Ever heard a 3 year old girl scream... you have been warned.


But sprinkler "worms" make for a GOODe day around here... Just sayin'

Photobucket

9 GOODe Thoughts:

I LOVE her little suit! What a doll baby!!

I would have a hard time leaving her, too!
What a dumplin'--she gets cuter every day!
I had to laugh!!! It looked like your man was strangling the Flower Dude!!
When i see these pictures of your little Add, I remember my girls when they were this age--and I cherish them even more now, but the innocence and wonder is what I truly miss.
Thank you for sharing with us, life through her eyes and heart--it truly is GOODe!
Hugs...
I just realized I never got back with you about a header--my bad.
I am too busy too think about what I'd even like--and I may have even delayed so long, you no longer wanna!
I sorry!

Love playing in the sprinkler!!! :)

lol. I wondered when the worms would come into the picture! She looks adorable in those ruffles...and I'm so glad you get to spend more time with her.

What a blessing it is for you to be able to spend more time with Add, and make memories :)
Love your little 'Cris' at the bottom and the flower. Must mean you are a gardener now :) !!!

Terra- It was last year's suit. I am just so glad it still fits :) I absolutely LOVE it!

Leslie- Glad Miss Add makes your heart smile! I commented back on the header. Just email me:)

Jane- Me too!

Katie- Thanks! I just heart the ruffles :)

Kerin- Thanks! I like it too... hopefully it will encourage my real plants to grow!

What a cute story! Cute pictures too!

I'm a new follower from FMBT. Stop by and say hey if you get a chance. http://thelifeofrylieandbrycetoo.blogspot.com

What a cute story! Cute pictures too!

I'm a new follower from FMBT. Stop by and say hey if you get a chance. http://thelifeofrylieandbrycetoo.blogspot.com

What a blessing it is for you to be able to spend more time with Add, and make memories :)
Love your little 'Cris' at the bottom and the flower. Must mean you are a gardener now :) !!!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More