Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

GOODe GOODeness: So, Martha Doesn't Live Here

Well this weekend's Double Mama FREEZE-O-RAMA was a great success!



Miss Leah and I, our kiddos and the boys had a fantastic time and we cooked ourselves up a storm!




Miss Leah's Princess and my Monkey were fast pals. 




Meanwhile, Leah and I cooked and our boys built a deck.


While at Leah's I made:


2 - My Awesome Meatloaf
8-  Hamburger Patties
3-  Beefy Spinach Casseroles
And lots and LOTS of Beefy Red Sauce Liquid... but we will get to that in a minute.


What is the best part of chillin' with another mama?




Reason #10
Kiddos self-entertain.






They played and played. The swam, sandboxed, trampolined, Barbied and My Little Ponied. And, after all that they watched a little Toy Story.


Reason #9
Lots of girlie talk and tips. She has forever changed the way I cook my ground beef.... more on that in a minute.


Reason #8
There's another mama around when you are elbow deep in chicken juice and your little one needs a potty break.


Reason #7
She serves the best post-freezer day meal to both your crews... like it's nothin'




That is grilled pork... mouth waterin' yet?




How about now? She also made the best brisket... ON TOP of all her freezer day meals.


Reason #6
The day goes a lot faster and you get LOTS done.


Reason #5
Friends have the coolest kitchen gadgets you get to try on for size.




Leah had the niftiest ground beef wand thingy. And, she has fundamentally changed the way I will cook ground beef from here on out... She cooks her beef in a pot with the wand and it always comes out perfectly broken up.  I heart it. Really.


Reason #4:
If you forget something, she's got your back.




I had planned on making burgers, but forgot to pick up a burger press... Miss Leah had me covered :)


Reason #3
When you are making Beefy Spinach Casserole and realize your can of Cream of Mushroom turns out to be Cream of Chicken, you have someone to trade with :)




Reason #2
She finds the COOLEST cookbooks... that you immediately go out an buy the next day!




Reason #1:
She doesn't laugh at you when you accidentally use puree instead of paste in your gigantic pot of sauce that never seems to thicken...




Oh my sauce. Ugh. I cooked and cooked that sauce and it never got thick. It wasn't until the very end of the day that I realized what I had done wrong.


I put my oil in my crocks per Life As Mom's Recipe




1/4 cup Olive Oil




2 cans crushed tomatoes.... check




The 4 cans Tomato Paste and 6 cans of water




HOLD IT! Dude, you are going to cost yourself hours of work.... STOP-Don't do it!




And there I went and done it.


So, now you know my secret... Martha doesn't live here.


Fear not, I was able to save it after a quick trip to Aldi's the next day and a couple more hours in my kitchen at home....




I ended up with 11 bags of thick sauce in the end...




Whew.



In other FREEZE-O-RAMA news, I made:




2- Aunt Mary's Pork Loin Mary-nade-new



2- Quick & Easy Turkey Bake-new
2- Turkey TexMex-new
5- Cris' Herb Amish Noodles & Turkey-new


2- Basil & Tomato Chicken Marinade-new
2- Basil & Tomato Side Dressings
2- Cris' Chicken Sherry Marinade-new 

Done and in the freezer :)

Freezer cooking with another mama... it's what works for me...

works for me wednesday at we are that family
Photobucket




15 GOODe Thoughts:

Looks like you gals got a ton accomplished!!
I've always thought about buying a burger press. Now, I'm going to have to get me one!!
Have a great day :)

Oh my god I love you guys!!! I want to be your friend and come over for the next freeze o rama!!!!


Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma, What's For Dinner?
www.MaWhats4Dinner.com

Someone went to Aldi's:) I should get paid for selling that store to my friends. WE LOVED having you guys over!! Next time I want to steal your gadget ideas. And I owe you foil!

For the record: I visit your blog a lot more than Martha's! Just sayin'.... ;-)

I have that beef tool from Pampered Chef & it is one of my FAVORITE kitchen tools!!!

I have that beef wand thing too and i LOVE it! It's great too for sausage (since it tends to be a bit clumpy) I am very jealous of how you've managed to do this consistently! You want to come try out my kitchen gadgets?!

Wow, I'm impressed not only with the amount you got done, but the variety too! I eat the same two or three things over and over!

Martha who? I want to come see your freezer sometime... I bet it looks way better than mine. Also, I want to play next time! My boy can build a deck!

Kerin- DEFINITELY pick one up... I just love them. My Aunt used to have the Tupperware kind that came with the containers to freeze the burgers in... but I got mine for $3 at Bed Bath and Beyond!

Ma- Come on over ;)

Leah- You crack me up...

Holly- Aw thanks!

Terra- Isn't it the coolest?!?

Whitney & Marybeth - Lol! You girls crack me up... I know what is going to be a topic at the next workshop! Seriously though, we are cooking up an idea to get us all a cookin':)

Sara- It is super easy... really! Before FREEZE-O-RAMA we always ate the same things, but now there is so much variety just sitting in my freezer we just pick what we want that night. Try it, you'll love it!

Okay - I know all about the Pampered Chef Mix 'n Chop, but what in the world is a burger press? I'm going to have to look for one!

I kind of live in the middle of the two of you and would be willing to volunteer to "host" the FREEZE-O-RAMA. :-)

I think we should skip the next workshop and rent a kitchen somewhere so we can all cook up a storm.

You two have some great recipes and gadgets.

I wish I had another mama to cook with and spend time with!! I need to find another around here.

Following (better late than never) for Tuesday Tag Along. :) I hope you decide to come and follow me back. :) I currently have a $25 Walmart gift card giveaway going on!

http://theartsymom.tk

I wish I had another mama to cook with and spend time with!! I need to find another around here.

Following (better late than never) for Tuesday Tag Along. :) I hope you decide to come and follow me back. :) I currently have a $25 Walmart gift card giveaway going on!

http://theartsymom.tk

Kerin- DEFINITELY pick one up... I just love them. My Aunt used to have the Tupperware kind that came with the containers to freeze the burgers in... but I got mine for $3 at Bed Bath and Beyond!

Ma- Come on over ;)

Leah- You crack me up...

Holly- Aw thanks!

Terra- Isn't it the coolest?!?

Whitney & Marybeth - Lol! You girls crack me up... I know what is going to be a topic at the next workshop! Seriously though, we are cooking up an idea to get us all a cookin':)

Sara- It is super easy... really! Before FREEZE-O-RAMA we always ate the same things, but now there is so much variety just sitting in my freezer we just pick what we want that night. Try it, you'll love it!

Someone went to Aldi's:) I should get paid for selling that store to my friends. WE LOVED having you guys over!! Next time I want to steal your gadget ideas. And I owe you foil!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More