Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Sunday, June 6, 2010

GOODe GOODeNESS: So Mama Won't Be Blue Blueberry Pancakes

Mama has been under the weather these last few days. But, we all know mamas don't get sick days and I was gettin' sick and tired of being sick and tired. I feel like I haven't got half of the things done that I want to get done and I had to miss church this mornin' to boot.

So I decided I would do a little cooking to see if I could will myself out of this head cold. So Mama Won't Be Blue Blueberry Pancakes, if you will.


 I had some fresh blueberries in the fridge from an awesome IGA sale that had them 2 large cartons for $3!

So, I grabbed my trusty Bisquick and got down to business.


 I flipped the box over and found just the recipe I was lookin' for...


 You know the drill...click on image to print recipe photo.


I made a double batch because I only like to make pancakes and French toast once in a great while, so I make a lot and... you guessed it... freeze 'er up :)

So I took 2 cups Bisquick...


 Added 1 1/3 cups milk


 2 egg whites


Mixed 'er up until it looked like... well... um... pancake batter :)


Then I measured out 1 1/2 fresh blueberries.


And folded them in.... gently 


I then grabbed my non-stick spray for my griddle...

I just heart my griddle.


And a ladle for my batter... 


And got to...um... ladlin' 


Batter up!


Now mama (and Bisquick) always told me to watch for the bubbles to break... and when the bubbles are breakin', it is safe to do some flippin' ;)


And now for the nerve racking part.... FLIP


Whew!


Not so blue anymore :)


The pancakes were GOODe, but this next part was the best... 


Miss Add hearts pancakes and blueberries...


"Yummy!"


Now, I am not a big syrup on my pancakes kinda gal--

Don't judge me.

So, if I were making this again, I would add 1/4 cup of Splenda to the batter to sweeten 'er up a bit... then I would eat mine sans syrup... GASP!

So here is my altered recipe:

Click on image to print :) Enjoy!!!


Photobucket


Blessed with Grace

8 GOODe Thoughts:

Looks yummy. Love the bliss on Adds face !
Hope you are back to feeling fiesty and havin' fun :)

Now I want pancakes...mmmm...pancakes.

Also I just passed an award on to you, come by and check it out!

Kerin-Feelin' better! Thanks!

Sara- Thanks for the award!!

One day last week, it was just Adam and I for supper, and we made blueberry pancakes, too! With bisquick, in the white box! But my blueberries were frozen, so I defrosted them first.

I LOVE bluberry pancakes!

I'm a no syrup person myself! Come join me for the inaugural edition of What's On the Menu Wednesday. I'd love for you to link up with Mister Linky. Thanks.

We did strawberry pancakes a few days ago (when we still had running water). Nothing like fresh fruit in some pancakes! We also did a double batch, and now there's lots in the freezer.

I love fresh blueberry pancakes! I hope those made you feel better!

Now I want pancakes...mmmm...pancakes.

Also I just passed an award on to you, come by and check it out!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More