Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Thanks Ree!


In case you missed it... my bloggy pals and I heart Miss Ree... aka The Pioneer Woman :)


Ya see, about a 1 1/2 years ago Miss Leah told me she had found a blog online the I had to check out. 


What she proceeded to show me for the next 2 hours was this awesome site...


About this rancher's wife out in Oklahoma...


Her family raised beef cattle just like I did growing up...


She LOVED to cook... just like I did...


She loved takin' pictures and tellin' stories... just like I did...


It wasn't very long after and GOODEness Gracious was born.


She totally inspired me... (No kiddin' --I even mentioned it in this interview)


And, from there... as it turns out... she inspired a whole group of farm gals to join the blogosphere...


The Real Farmwives of America & Friends-- as you may already know-- are a group of bloggy gals that either farm or work in the farming field. Our blogs range from cooking to crafting to lifestyle and most if not all have been inspired by Miss Ree. (Looking for us? We have a Facebook page that makes it easy for you to find all the blogs of this fun group of gals.)


So thanks Ree. 


From a bunch of farm gals to another....


Leah of Beyer Beware and  Megan of Gal in the Middle thank you.


Marybeth of Alarm Clock Wars, Joni of Writings on the Wall and Leontien of Four Leaf Clover Tales thank you.


Liz of Two Maids a Milking, Cris of Goodeness Gracious and Megan (Megan thanks ya again--cause she is cool like that) thank ya!


Not only did you introduce us to blogging and SLRs...


But you gave us farm gals an excuse to get together and have an amazing night...


So, thanks Ree!



Photobucket

14 GOODe Thoughts:

Wow! I would loved to see her! Although I was not raised on a farm, nor am I a farm wife, she has inspired me also!
It looks like y'all had a great time!

Yep, I feel exactly the same way. I don't have a farm, but we do raise chickens. In my world, that has to count for something! (especially when the rooster decide to start crowing at 2:30 in the morning). I am thinking about rooster stew for sunday dinner!!!

Looks like you had a good time. Some of my neighbors went and didn't get home until 1:00 am. they had a great time also

Heee Sweetie!

I coudn't have it done better myself, Great post, Great pics and i hope she will see and/or read it!!!

Thanks again for the wonderful girls day out!

Leontien

Looks like a great time and I'm glad to got to ask her a question in person. Go Farmwifes!!!

You lucky girls!
Looks like you had a wonderful time.

So what is everyone's take on her book??? Great pics and way to make yourselves heard! Thanks for bringing us along!

I to *Heart* the Pioneer Woman, you are so lucky to have met her.

Oh how fun! I love how you have that connection to her. What a fun night - and did you know Momo had dinner with her the other night, too? What a blast for all of you!

Oooohhh...how I love RHEE...I wish she would come out to the south..I am your newest follower via blog hop..so glad I found you.

sherry

http://splendiferousgirlsclub.blogspot.com

Sounds like you all had a blast! What fun. My DIL would have loved to have been there!

Oooohhh...how I love RHEE...I wish she would come out to the south..I am your newest follower via blog hop..so glad I found you.

sherry

http://splendiferousgirlsclub.blogspot.com

You lucky girls!
Looks like you had a wonderful time.

Wow! I would loved to see her! Although I was not raised on a farm, nor am I a farm wife, she has inspired me also!
It looks like y'all had a great time!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More