Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Best Ever Chicken Parm


During this hostage situation, where the snow has robbed me and my family of the ability to come and go as we please, I have been daydreaming... 

Not about sunshine and beaches...

Nope.

I have been obsessing over basil.

Ya see, I have been dying to make some of my homemade Shallot Basil Marinara Sauce...

Sure it sounds fancy... but it is easy and it is really GOODe.

So, the other day, when we made our escape before the second big snow hit, I made a mad dash for Walmart and bought me 2... count them... 1... 2... packs of basil.

I whipped up the sauce and needed something to go with, so I started looking for Chicken Parm recipes in my cookbooks...

Not sure why, I am not a huge fan of Chicken Parm... or at least any I have had until now... I always feel like the breading fights with the rest of the dish...

So, after not having any luck finding any recipes for Chicken Parm, I decided to just wing it ;)


I started with 5 chicken breasts. I would have just used 3 or 4, but the bag had 5 left... so FREEZE-O-RAMA mama kicked in and said  "Hey there chickadee, go on and cook them all up and freeze up half" :) 


One of my other big complaints about chicken parm is that it is often a huge hunk of flavorless chicken in the middle of my delightful plate of sketti... so, I decided to remedy this my cutting it into strips and beating the heck out of it with my meat hammer.


Meanwhile, in a less violent part of the kitchen, I took some panko bread crumbs and had a good talk with them. They promised not to make my breading too tough... it could be that they were just scared at what had just occurred with the chicken, but either way, I was VERY happy with the outcome and my friend Panko is to thank...


For the dry team (teams are about all you are going to get out of me Super Bowl wise...just sayin') I took 1 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs.


Added 1/2 Cup fresh grated Parm... You can use the powdered stuff, but fresh tastes so much better...


1 T Salt


1 t Pepper


1-2 T Oregano


Now for the wet team, take 1 Cup Milk (in the cutest measuring cup from Gooseberry Patch for a steal --2 bucks folks!).


Then add 2 Eggs and whisk 'er up


Meanwhile, heat up a couple Tbspns of Olive Oil in your skillet.


Now take your chicken for a dunk in your egg wash...


Then take her for a whirl in your bread crumbs.


Now pop her in the skillet and cook 'er up until golden on both sides and cooked through.


Place you finished nuggets of yumminess in a casserole dish.


Set any extra aside to freeze up for later.


Now cover your chicken with the sketti sauce of your choice... I used my Shallot Basil Marinara Sauce.


Now top with 1-2 cups of Mozzarella... guess how much I used ;)


Now bake at 350 degrees until nice and bubbly baby...


Ooeey Gooeey GOODeNESS...


The cheese is well cheesy heaven, the sauce is amazing and the chicken just melts in your mouth... success!

Enjoy!

Linked to:


Hunk of Meat Mondays





Photobucket

12 GOODe Thoughts:

Looks like your hard work paid off! YUM!

Fresh grated parmesan always equals yummy. Looks awesome. I love this recipe and will definitely use it! Thanks. I linked up to Hunk of Meat Monday for our Bacon Potato Skins adapted from Pioneer Woman. We just ate them up during the Super Bowl.
Katie
http://pinkepost.blogspot.com

OMG...this looks so goode :) So when are you having us over for dinner and to see that new kitchen? No pressure! LOL

On a serious note...missing you!

Oh good heavens, this looks to die for. I wonder if I can get my husband to eat this even though it is poultry???

That looks so yummy. Thanks for the tip about fresh M.instead of the dry powdered kind in the jar. This looks so easy to make and I just happen to have some boneless skinless chicken breasts in the freezer. Monday nights supper is in the post on GOODEness Gracious's blog. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

WOW........its a beautiful dish

Your Chicken Parm looks delicious. I would like to invite you to bring a dish to my Full Plate Thursday. Thank you for sharing and you have a great week!

Yum, yum for sure! I am hungry sitting here looking at your pics.
And I love reading the blogs of people I have met IRL now, because I can so *hear* you talking to your bread crumbs, lol!
Bernice

This sounds delish. Your instructions and pictures show that this dish isn't out-of-reach with my cooking skills. Thanks for the cooking tutorial

Yum, yum for sure! I am hungry sitting here looking at your pics.
And I love reading the blogs of people I have met IRL now, because I can so *hear* you talking to your bread crumbs, lol!
Bernice

OMG...this looks so goode :) So when are you having us over for dinner and to see that new kitchen? No pressure! LOL

On a serious note...missing you!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More