Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Friday, December 3, 2010

Santa's Favorite Cake Mix Cookies



I was over at Life As Mom and saw where she was sharing how she froze her cookies to create platefuls of various kinds of cookies within minutes as needed throughout the holidays.

No wonder she was just signed on to do a freezer cooking cookbook ;)

Brilliant.

Cookies and freezer cooking?!? This FREEZE-O-RAMA mama is totally game.

I have meetings with clients, get-togethers with friends and family gatherings coming up. How cool would it be to have a plate full of DIFFERENT kinds of cookies to bring in some holiday cheer?

You have heard of a "Bucket List", well-- here is my 12 Cookies of Christmas bucket list this holiday season... and here's to hopin' I don't kick the bucket in the process ;)

From my Goode & Gooseberry Patch Project:
  • Frosted Orange Cookies
  • Amish Sugar Cookies using Pillsbury's Merry Tin tip with Miss Add LOVE the idea of putting the different sugars in a muffin tin for dippin'!
  • Maple Drop Cookies
  • Santa's Favorite Cake Mix Cookies (below)
  • Chocolate Mint Chippers
  • Farmhouse Cookies
  • Butter-Nut Snowballs
  • Peanut Butter-Cocoa Truffles

From Homemade Christmas: Tried & true recipes, heartwarming memories and easy ideas for savoring the best of Christmas
  • Cranberry Oat Cookies
  • Butter Pecan Cookies
  • Melt in Your Mouth Cookies with Favorite Cookie Frosting
  • Annabel's Pumpkin Cookies
**************************************************
Edited to Add:
Since making my list and checking it twice, I received and advance copy of 101 Cupcake, Cookie & Brownie Recipes and have added these treats to my Christmas baking list:

**************************************************

To get things started off right, I currently have a couple dozen of Santa's Favorite Cake Mix Cookies freezing away as we speak.

Cake mix cookies have a special place in my heart. 

Ya see, Puddie made me a batch of cake mix cookies the night that we decided we were gonna be an item




Hey, the guy had baking chops... I have been a sucker for the guy ever since ;)

Anyhoo... back to the cookies...


These babies are a dump and mix recipe--LOVE that... 

And they had two of my favorite food groups... White Chocolate and Red Velvet...just sayin'


You can find this lovely recipe in this darling Christmas in the Country Cookbook .

 
Start out with 2 T Water


Add 1/2 cup oil


2 Eggs


1 box Red Velvet Cake Mix


Mix 'er up


Pour in a bag of white chocolate chips... and throw your diet out the window.


Fold them in and drop 1 T scoopfuls on a lined or greased cookie sheet.


Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes


Cool on a cooling rack


Enjoy or freeze 'em up for a future cookie plate extravaganza!


Enjoy!



Tools used in this recipe:
GE Hand Mixer
Oneida Cookie Scoop
Better Homes and Gardens Platter



Linked to: Life As Mom's Ultimate Recipe Swap



Photobucket

9 GOODe Thoughts:

Goode Grief! The thumbnail picture of your cookies on Facebook scared the bahuzous out of me. I thought they were monster cookies! Upon closer inspection, I see (DRAT!) that they look extremely yummy. Hope your kitchen floor repairs start making progress. Have a great weekend!

I lvoe the color of those cookies. They'd break up a plate of the usual golden-brown cookies on a plate.

That looks so easy I think I might even be able to teach my German Shepherd how to make them! Fun recipe - easy and festive! :-)

mmmm! Those look so good and so easy!

oh geez
I want NOW

Red velvet PLUS WHITE CHOCOLATE
sounds perfect!

oh geez
I want NOW

Red velvet PLUS WHITE CHOCOLATE
sounds perfect!

That looks so easy I think I might even be able to teach my German Shepherd how to make them! Fun recipe - easy and festive! :-)

Amazing! Just made them for Thanksgiving and they are so on point.  Thank you for sharing!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More