Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

GOODe GOODeNESS: Banana Split "Cake"

Apologies to my pal Lana - This one has strawberries and it is really GOODe ;)


Banana Split Cake is one of my family's must-have holiday desserts. Back in the day it used to have raw eggs in it, but over the years we have tweaked the recipe to pack the same yummy punch without.


Start by covering the bottom of a 9 x 13 casserole dish with graham cracker crumbs. You can crush them yourself or use the handy dandy pre-crushed stuff like I do...

Nabisco Honey Maid Graham Cracker Crumbs, 13.5 oz (Pack of 6)

Now add 1 stick of melted butter and mix up until crumbly


Press into bottom as a crust


Refrigerate while you whip up the sweet filling


Mix 1 block of softened cream cheese with 1 1lb of powdered sugar until nice and creamy.


Slather on top of the crust and grumble when the crust gets in the icing.


Quick! Sprinkle on the pineapple to hide the crumbs!


Cover with cool whip


Slice up 3 bananas and throw them on top


Spoon on strawberries (or cherries)


Top with nuts! (Plenty of those around the holidays ;) Just sayin')

This recipe also looks very pretty in a trifle bowl. Mix up the layers however you'd like... like we say back home, it's all going to the same place anyhow ;)

Enjoy!

Tools used in this recipe:
Corelle Casserole Dish

Photobucket

13 GOODe Thoughts:

Yum! Sounds really good to me right now. Another recipe I'll be adding to my folder to try soon!

Ya just had to go there didn't you! ;-) It looks heavenly! I've just reclaimed about 13 pounds of the 50 I lost last year, so I am going to have to just enjoy the pictures for a while!

Oh that and I, along with the help of Tall Guy just filled 20 quart bags of puppy chow for our school's Christmas Bazaar this weekend! ACK!

So this is what to make when the DQ closes for the winter, as in the case of up here in the great deepfreeze. Are we to infer that Lana doesn't like strawberries?? This looks way too goode. Another great recipe to make during the Christmas season! Thanks Cris. :-)

You can't go wrong with graham cracker crust and anything banana. I recently made a banana cream pie --- I didn't know I was capable of such deliciousness :)

Looks delicious and won't take me too long to whip up! Thanks for sharing.
Katie

Great recipe Cris!
The flavors of summer, without the cold :)
I have bananas on the brain today... I am making banana cake for my kids :)
Have a great weekend!

Great recipe Cris!
The flavors of summer, without the cold :)
I have bananas on the brain today... I am making banana cake for my kids :)
Have a great weekend!

You can't go wrong with graham cracker crust and anything banana. I recently made a banana cream pie --- I didn't know I was capable of such deliciousness :)

Ya just had to go there didn't you! ;-) It looks heavenly! I've just reclaimed about 13 pounds of the 50 I lost last year, so I am going to have to just enjoy the pictures for a while!

Yum! Sounds really good to me right now. Another recipe I'll be adding to my folder to try soon!

You can't go wrong with graham cracker crust and anything banana. I recently made a banana cream pie --- I didn't know I was capable of such deliciousness :)

Yum! Sounds really good to me right now. Another recipe I'll be adding to my folder to try soon!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More