Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Friday, December 24, 2010

Goode & Gooseberry Project: Frosted Orange Cookies


This yummy recipe intrigued me from the beginning of my Goode & Gooseberry Patch Project.



I KNEW right away that it was going to be in my Christmas baking plans.

Truth be told, I haven't got around to all those plans... ya see I wasn't planning on having my entire kitchen ripped up...

Long story...

It starts with a naughty fridge that had been secretly leaking for like ages... and ends with cardboard covered floors and a scheduled repair (and much-sooner-than-expected renovation) for next week. Now if you look at your handy dandy calendar you will see that the scheduled repair is AFTER the holidays... and that is my excuse for not baking as much as I wanted (but--truth be told--wayyy more than I needed ;) and I am sticking to it.

Anyhoo-- back to the cookies.


Grab 2 navel oranges


And zest those babies with a microplane into a blender.


Then peel and quarter the oranges and toss them in to--sans peels.


Blend until smooth.


Measure out 3/4 cup and set aside.


Now mix 1/2 cup of butter flavored shortening


with 1 cup of sugar


Now add 1/2 cup milk


and 6 T of the orange mixture


Meanwhile mix your dry goods... flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt


Gradually mix in the flour mixture with the shortening.


Drop teaspoonfuls onto a lined or greased pan and bake at 350 degrees for 10-13 minutes.


Cool on a wire rack...


Meanwhile, whip up your icing. Melt 1 T Butter


Add 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar


Toss in the remaining orange mixture


Blend up the icing


Now frost them cookies!


Yummy!


Enjoy!

Merry Christmas!!!
Photobucket






1 GOODe Thoughts:

I can hardly wait to make these. I absolutely LOVE orange cookies. Thanks for the recipe!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More