Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Super Mommy Secrets: Shawn's Homemade Laundry Soap

Today we have a super special treat thanks to one of my Facebook pals, Miss Shawn.

She has been raving about her homemade laundry soap and I am tickled pink she took the time to share it with you folks today.



Ya see, I have always teased Miss Shawn that she is my "mommy mentor". She and I connected years ago when she was pregnant with her fourth baby and I was a newbie preggo with Miss Add. Miss Shawn took the time to answer all my questions and has just been a heck of a gal and friend ever since!



So, when Miss Shawn is willing to share one of her super-mommy secrets, I am all ears!


With just a few simple ingredients she makes a boat load of laundry detergent --super cheap!

Shawn tells me that this is her favorite recipe and that she was shocked how well it worked! She says the clothes come out brighter and aren't weighed down.

So what is her secret fabric softener substitution???


Vinegar :)

Big thanks to Miss Shawn for sharing this Super Mommy Secret!
Do you have a Super Mommy Secret that other moms would love to know about? Do share! We will occasionally be featuring more secrets in the future!




Linked to: Works for Me Wednesday

Photobucket

8 GOODe Thoughts:

I've been meaning to try this. Thanks for giving me the recipe. I want to use it with the little scraps leftover from making my handcrafted soaps. Who wouldn't want their clothes to smell like Raspberry Cheesecake or Chocolate Almond Delight! :-)

Did she say how much she uses per load?

This is the same recipe I've been using.

One tip: I was told to use the smallest 'grate' on my grater so that the FelsNaptha has an easier time dissolving in the wash.

We LOVE this stuff. It smells good and clean. And, it gets our clothes just as, if not, cleaner than the kind you purchase.

My recipe says to use 1/8 cup per load.

Cool Beans! I'm such a Tide girl, but I might be willing to try this for a while. It would be put to the test with all the dirty "getting ready for harvest so lets grease and oil everything on the farm" clothes that have been making their way to my washer lately~!

This is really GOODe stuff! I've been using it since April/May. This is the same exact recipe I have. I gave it to Shawn. And I got it from Shannon. Hats off to Shannon for finding this recipe for all of us to use and love!

Oh, and yes its best to use the finest grate you can for the Fels Naptha. Otherwise it will not dissolve in your washer. I use one of the kitchen microplane zesters to grate mine. End result is almost the size of a flake. Never have had a problem with it not dissolving.

If you are interested, I have been making my own Fabric Softner Dryer Sheets that are reuseable!! :)

GOODe job! Keep these a coming! I love the homemade stuff!

I love this "idea" but I am curious if it will get my kids clothes clean...I deal with big time stains. I can alway "supplement" I guess. Thanks for sharing! I am LOVING your blog.
Katie

Cool Beans! I'm such a Tide girl, but I might be willing to try this for a while. It would be put to the test with all the dirty "getting ready for harvest so lets grease and oil everything on the farm" clothes that have been making their way to my washer lately~!

This is the same recipe I've been using.

One tip: I was told to use the smallest 'grate' on my grater so that the FelsNaptha has an easier time dissolving in the wash.

We LOVE this stuff. It smells good and clean. And, it gets our clothes just as, if not, cleaner than the kind you purchase.

My recipe says to use 1/8 cup per load.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More