Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Monday, September 20, 2010

GOODe GOODeNESS: Herbed Turkey and Rice Pilaf


Herbed Turkey and Rice Pilaf is one of my newest faves from FREEZE-o-RAMA.


I have adapted a recipe I found in one of my -- you guessed it-- Gooseberry Patch Cookbooks, Best Casseroles to be exact.

Come to think of it, when choosing a book for my Goode & Gooseberry Project, if I had chosen Best Casseroles, my job would be 1/2 done! I have cooked many a recipe in this book ;)

Psst... Did ya see Gooseberry Patch's blog post about our lil' ole project? Big thanks for their support :)

BTW-- if you haven't voted yet, the voting ends at 9 pm on Wednesday for which cookbook I will be a cooking through :)

Now, back to our regular scheduled recipe:


When looking for recipes that I could adapt for my Tina Turkey, I found this and thought I could make some alterations to make the recipe a little quicker and perfect for my freezer.


I started with 1 cup of a good quality whole grain rice pilaf. Personally, I don't care for plain old brown rice (unless it is at PF Changs), so I opted for this awesome pilaf.


Add 1 1/4 Cups Water


2 Cans Cream of Chicken Soup


1 Envelope of Onion Soup Mix


Add 1 tsp "shire" sauce, 1 tsp thyme


Mix 'er up and toss in 3-4 Cups Chopped Turkey (cooked)


Freeze it up or bake it up at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes until rice is tender.


Yum!


Delicious and healthy and Miss Add approves--Mommy score!


Linked to:

Photobucket

5 GOODe Thoughts:

Looks very good indeed! Thanks for your comment today! Casseroles and dish scrapers complement one another well, though I'd prefer the cooking and eating to the clean up... =)

Yummy! Thanks for sharing!
You've inspired me to take a smoked turkey out of the freezer and make it for dinner tonight . Yum!
Have a wonderful day :)

Looks simple and yummy - that's a doubel mommy score! :)

This looks great! I'd love for you to stop by What's Cooking Wednesday and share a recipe (http://thekingscourt4.blogspot.com/2010/09/brand-new-whats-cooking-wednesday.html)!

Hope to see you there :)

This looks great! I'd love for you to stop by What's Cooking Wednesday and share a recipe (http://thekingscourt4.blogspot.com/2010/09/brand-new-whats-cooking-wednesday.html)!

Hope to see you there :)

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More