- I am really going to miss the Great Food Truck Race after the finale. It has been really cool to see what goes on in the success of a food truck... who knew?
- I am doing well with my "no diet coke" zone at my house... not so hot with the outside of my house part though... just sayin'
- Do you ever wonder how folks were passive aggressive before the internets??? ;) Rest assure that while our social networking allows for many a hit and run, the masters are still at work in the "real" world as seen on www.passiveaggressivenotes.com
- I call my living room the "living room". Miss Add calls it the "play room". From the looks of it, I think she won...just sayin'
- About a year ago a pick-up truck ran me off the road (by accident) by crossing into my lane of traffic-- it is amazing to me how it still bothers me when someone favors the line next to me.
- Speaking of driving... It must be incredibly frustrating for some truck drivers to share their workplace (the road) with us soccer moms. I get it. Or at least I can try to understand. I am sure some of us aren't very courteous at times... or totally oblivious with our screaming kids and happy meals. At the same time, I would like to remind some (not all) truck drivers that while this is your workplace, it is also my home... so, if you please...please refrain from: a.) Pulling out in front of me while I have the right of way and making me slam on my brakes (and making my baby spill said happy meal) b.) Bullying your way in front of me because you are bigger and I have a child in the car. c.) Any other activity you would not appreciate your wife/child to be put in while driving in their neighborhood.
- I have an exciting announcement this week! Can't wait to get all the details together to share. I also have another great Super Mommy Secret from a reader!!! Keep 'em comin' girls ;)
- This is the time of year I want to pop my Gilmore Girls dvds in and snuggle in to Stars Hollow... I heart GG :)
- My Palm Pixi is about to get a ticket out of here. I am beyond frustrated with it. Granted I only paid $50 for it with my phone plan, but I have had a much lesser phone before and not been this disappointed. I have had it since February and have already replace the back and now need to replace it again. The screen is messing up and the battery sucks dry in 1/2 a day. I have insurance on it, but I am not sure I want to pay the deductible to get another sub-par product... might just have to bite the bullet and get something different.
- Last week I had the opportunity to visit several large Indiana farms on the Indiana Soybean Alliance's Farm Tour. I actually got to see where Kroger's eggs are produced everyday-- amazing! I can hardly get my eggs from the store to the fridge without breaking them... yet Midwest Poultry handles millions with ease.
I also saw my very first fish farm, visited a fellow blogger's dairy and revisited a very innovative farmer and his hog operation.
I had so much fun visiting the farms, spending time with a lot of my farm pals and learning first-hand where our food comes from and how it gets from the farm to the stores. Every time I visit a farm, I walk away astonished at how these folks make it work and proud that I can call them my friends and fellow Hoosiers.
You might recognize some of these crazy gals (if not, you GOTS to check them out!) would be (L-R) Miss Megan of Gal in the Middle, Miss Leontien of Four Leaf Clover Dairy, Yours Truly, Big D of Who is the Grown Up and Miss Hannah of Off the Cuff and Indypendent .
Psst... Big D has quite the entertaining must read of "How Visiting a Pig Farm Made Me Think About My Underwear" ... just sayin'