Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Monday, September 6, 2010

"Scratchy" Peachy Oatmeal Pancakes: The Kids Cook Monday


So the other morning I asked Miss Add if she wanted pancakes for breakfast and she cheered, "Sure!"

I then muttered to myself, "I need to make them from scratch because I am all out..."

And Miss Add interrupts, "I don't want scratchy pancakes, mommy! I just want pancakes."



So when the people over at the Kids Cook Monday asked me to do some posts on cooking with Miss Add, these "scratchy" pancakes seemed to be the perfect starter. I can't have my kiddo not knowing what "from scratch" means...or at least my version of it... just sayin' ;)

Prior to our "scratchy" convo the other mornin', I was looking around for some options to make a healthier "peach-crisp-esqe" pancake with the few peaches we had left from our trip to the orchard for FREEZE-O-RAMA.

I found this blog while googling "peach oatmeal pancakes" and oh, my heavens does her food look good! Turns out she had just the kind of thing I was looking for, but I needed to alter it to fit what was in my cupboards and to lighten it up a bit.

So I grabbed Miss Add and we got down to business.


We started with 1 1/2 Cups of Heart Healthy Bisquick.


We then added 1 Cup of Oats.


Meanwhile, I placed a peach in some boiling water for about a minute to loosen the skin.


Back to the bowl... Miss Add then added 1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar to the dry goods.


I then diced up the peach and Miss Add tossed 'er in.


Miss Add then added 1 T Cinnamon


And 1 T Vanilla Extract


Then 1 Cup of Milk


Then Mama added in 2 Egg Whites


SIDE NOTE: Psst... notice my engagement ring? That is what I do to remember something... could be anything... but it works. It is like tying a string around your finger to remember something. So, if you ever see me around with my ring turned... remind me not to forget, k?


Mommy took the reigns for a while from here. I poured 12 medium sized pancakes on the grilled and waited...


Mama always told me the cakes were ready to flip when the bubbles break...


And FLIP ;)


Miss Add came back for the plating of our masterpiece ;)


She decided to make her "scratchy" cakes into "Ernie" shapes.


Truth be told, these little guys were so flavorful and yummy that we didn't even need syrup!


We just grabbed some chocolate milk and gobbled them up!


These definitely made the FREEZE-O-RAMA cut. Truth be told, we made up a quadruple batch to freeze (and use up the rest of our peaches;)). 

We also took some to Papaw since he is an uber peach fan.

I told Papaw that they were scratchy pancakes... and Miss Add interrupted, "No they are not scratchy pancakes, they are good pancakes!"

Guess I still have some work to do...just sayin'

Linked to 

Photobucket

18 GOODe Thoughts:

I love this! I love Kids Can Cook Mondays! What a great idea!

I also love the idea of peach pancakes. I don't know why I've never done that. I've put everything else under the sun in my pancakes, and I LOVE PEACHES!!!

YUM!!!!

I found you through Mingle Monday.
Blessings
Rachymommy - MommyTopics.com

What a cute blog!! I am really enjoying looking around. Thanks for sharing!! I am now a new follower!! Nicole @ colieskitchen.com BTW I found you on Mom Blog Monday Blog Hop!!

I've never had a peach pancake but these look really good.

Perfect season for peach pancakes! Yum!
Looks like you and Add had a wonderful time cooking together.
Hope you have a great Monday!

LOVE IT! I do The Kids Cook Monday too! I'm your newest follower from the Monday blog hops!

Hope you come check out my Kids Cook Monday post too. :)

http://www.gethealthycheap.com

I absolutely love the pancake tutorial. I did these last month on my blog also. I just use page 88 in the Better Homes & Gardens old school cook book. But I have never tried peaches in them! Thanks for the idea. Love the Kids Cook Monday.
Katie

Yum! Those look so goode! heehee I'm a new follower from the blog hop! Your 300th follower actually! Come on over and check out my blog too.

mmm...I was kind of skeptical, but those look great!

I'm all for anything with peaches, scratchy or not! Sound delicious!! :-)

Love Heart Healthy Bisquick! Yummers! I may have to give this one a go this week as I have peaches on the counter just waiting to be used! Thanks for the idea!

Yum! Peaches? I never thought of peaches. I made blueberry pancakes this weekend.

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

What a fantastic idea. The pics on this post were great. Can't wait to read more.

Dawn @ Mom-a-Logues
http://www.mom-a-logues.blogspot.com

These are oh so clever and look delish! I love how you had a little helper too :D I'm happy to be your newest follower of your delightful blog and I'd love to have you as a friend at Frou Frou Decor! I'd also like to invite you to link up at my weekly Faboulous Friday Finds party! Hope to see you there!
Hugs,
~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

Went through your archives and found some yummy stuff! These sound really good! Thanks for sharing : )

These are oh so clever and look delish! I love how you had a little helper too :D I'm happy to be your newest follower of your delightful blog and I'd love to have you as a friend at Frou Frou Decor! I'd also like to invite you to link up at my weekly Faboulous Friday Finds party! Hope to see you there!
Hugs,
~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

LOVE IT! I do The Kids Cook Monday too! I'm your newest follower from the Monday blog hops!

Hope you come check out my Kids Cook Monday post too. :)

http://www.gethealthycheap.com

Perfect season for peach pancakes! Yum!
Looks like you and Add had a wonderful time cooking together.
Hope you have a great Monday!

I can't wait to try these. They combine two of my favorite things; peaches and pancakes. I'm out in Oregon and will have to wait another month or so for fresh peaches. I've been following you for a couple of months now and wish I could get to know you in person.
smehary@comcast.net

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More