Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Oh Dear...

Dear Camera-
I really need to take the time to learn how to use you properly. I know I am totally holding you back. I apologize. - The Shutterbug

Dear Indianapolis Star-
It is a joke that you want to increase my subscription rate for the month of November because you sold too many ads for the Thanksgiving issue and therefore made the paper "over-sized" and so called "increased" your costs for delivery. Um... shouldn't all that advertiser dough go to covering your issue (pun-intended)? Seriously... I have seen what you are charging advertisers for placement this year... Truth be told, if you send this customer a similar letter regarding December consider my subscription cancelled--then you won't have to worry about the burden of delivering to my home. - Annoyed.

Dear Ima & Upta-
Thank you for the delight you bring to our home. -Addie's Mom

Dear Puddie-
Thank you for taking care of the tires that all those Georgia trips ran the rubber off of... -Your Girl

Dear House-
Glad you finally decided to let us know that you have had a water leak for like ages... Really-- if you needed to go, we would have let you use the potty... just ask Miss Add. Santa is going to be soo disappointed. -The Former Owner of Undamaged Hardwood Floors

Dear Kink in My Neck-
What the heck?!? Where did you come from? I do not have time for you or the head-ache/body-ache/ all-over-ache you have created. Go. Away. -The Management

Dear Target-
The ads. Lose them.You aren't funny. - Black Friday Shopper.

Dear Gal-
Puddie says your Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins rival my famous Peanut Butter Cookies... He has requested that I do a bake off at home between the two so he can taste test... I think he is in it for the muffins and cookies... I say the world is made better by both ;) On the other hand... Miss Add keeps requesting that we go see "the girl that makes the muffins". -Sorry that My Family is Stalking You

Dear Mail Carrier Sub-
I realize I am on the outskirts of your route... but, unless something changed, I do believe mail is supposed to run 6 days a week. I miss you when you don't visit me. I thought we were friends. It's no fun to be stood-up with the flag up. -Stampless in Indiana

Dear PW-
Way to throwdown with our man Bobby. You go girl.- Team Ree

Dear To Do List-
Can we work on a partial payment plan?- Woman with 24 hrs to Spend

Dear Gilmore Girls-
Thank you for always making me laugh when I come to visit.- Wants to Move to Stars Hollow

Dear Road Construction Dudes-
Thank you for being so friendly as we all get through this road closure. It can't be any easier on you than it is on us. -Appreciates You

Dear Walmart-
Many of us want to donate food on a regular basis. Can you come up with a standard way for us to do so? I love that we can donate directly at your store, but the method to do so seems to be ever-changing. I wouldn't complain except that the last few times it has been very unclear how to do so. I clearly saw the glossy sign advertising a politician supporting the food drive, but had no direction on how to participate. Can we skip the politics from here on out and just have an easy way to donate?- Confused Donor

Dear Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate, Semi-Chocolate, White Chocolate and 60% Cacao Chocolate Chips-
I may or may not have a real problem with you. You make my cookies gooey-er, my brownies oozey-er and my thighs biggie-er. -Chip Up and Shape Out

Dear Cooking Channel- I really like that you came to town. It is so much fun to watch and TiVo Julia Child. Now you got some weird stuff on there too...but no biggie. I do gots one question for you... that tagline of yours... "The Cooking Channel- Stay Hungry". Really? Stay Hungry? Not feelin' it.- Still Hungry

Dear Pyrex-
I am in love with your mixing bowls with lids. Loving a lot of your new products actually... and, your tagline works... "Pyrex: Cooking Solved"...is as brilliant as your new line!- Returning Customer



Photobucket

10 GOODe Thoughts:

HILARIOUS!!! and I can TOTALLY relate to the house well...not being housebroken! lol!!

LOVE these! May have to do my own. I really need to come up with an original thought one of these days;-)

I think this is my favorite post EVER and not just because of the shout out!

Great post Cris!!
Life sure is an adventure, isn't it ??!!
Also, I know what you mean about the chocolate...... we can join a 12 step program for Ghirardelli together!! :)
Have a great week and a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

WOW! That had to be theraputic!

HA! Love it! I laughed out loud all alone in my house! (The cats ran away.)

HILARIOUS!!! and I can TOTALLY relate to the house well...not being housebroken! lol!!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More