Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Goode & Gooseberry Project: Nana's Biscuits


Today Puddie made us some sausage gravy and I made Nana's Biscuits from my Goode & Gooseberry Patch Project.



It should come as no surprise that my "domestic diva" loves his pork...


If you do recall... he wrote a little diddy a while back regarding is love for all things pork.


Lovin' my man back in my kitchen... just sayin'


Anyhoo... while he cooked up his bacon and sausage gravy... 

I gots down to business and put 4 cups flour, 6 t baking powder (thinkin' of you Aunt Lou ;) ) and 2 t of salt. 

After combing all that I "cut" in a stick of butter because I didn't have any shortening like Ole Nana requested.


After cutting my butter in I added  1/2 Cup of milk


And mixed until the dough formed


Then I plopped it out onto a floured surface and rolled to 1/2 inch thick


Then I cut out my biscuits into little hearts...awww


And brushed them with melted butter


And popped them in a 450 degree oven for 45 minutes


Meanwhile, Puddie finished his gravy...


And pretty soon we had ourselves some gravy to go along with our biscuits


Biscuits and Gravy if you will ;)


Enjoy!

Visit our Goode & Gooseberry Project page for more great recipes from Gooseberry Patch's Mom's Favorite Recipes.
Photobucket

8 GOODe Thoughts:

Be still my heart. I do love me some sausage gravy and biscuits. I don't make my biscuits, I use the dough boy's frozen ones. I may have to branch out and make them again.
I do love that your man rocks that apron in the kitchen :)

Hearts to you two! Glad you are 'cookin' again" in the kitchen. See ya tomorrow!

Lovin' "Puddie" in the apron! Totally made me smile. Gotta show that one to my hubbby...

sooo cute!

Thanks for stopping by Making Friends Monday a few weeks ago. I am now following you back. We would love for you to make some new friends again this week. Join us again!
- Leandrea
http://couponsaregreat.net/category/blog-hops/making-friends-monday/

I better not ever leave baking powder out again...if I do, I'm throwing whatever it is in the trash and telling you that I dropped it all on the floor! haha :)

The apron is SOOOOO fitting for Mikey! Our family's diva ;)

What could be better than biscuit hearts? Love it!

I better not ever leave baking powder out again...if I do, I'm throwing whatever it is in the trash and telling you that I dropped it all on the floor! haha :)

The apron is SOOOOO fitting for Mikey! Our family's diva ;)

sooo cute!

Thanks for stopping by Making Friends Monday a few weeks ago. I am now following you back. We would love for you to make some new friends again this week. Join us again!
- Leandrea
http://couponsaregreat.net/category/blog-hops/making-friends-monday/

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More