Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Friday, November 5, 2010

Goode & Gooseberry Project: Mom's Patio Beans


Tonight's Goode & Gooseberry Patch Project Recipe is Mom's Patio Beans.



I was out of my frozen seasoned ground beef, so I decided to take the opportunity to cook some extra up while making this recipe. 


That is what I love so much about freezer cooking. 

Since starting this project we haven't ate from the freezer as much as when I do traditional FREEZE-O-RAMAs, but I can still save time and steps by:
  • Freezing up extra ground beef here and there 
  • Pre-chopping veggies and freezing
  • Dividing a large casserole while preparing for dinner and throwing half in the freezer.

Speaking of all this freezer talk, are you going to join us in a couple weeks for a freezer cooking link up???

Now where were we???


Oh yeah... season up your beef with salt and pepper and toss in one chopped onion.


Drain and put 1lb back into your skillet.


Add two cans of tomato soup or one can tomato soup and one can tomato and rice. My store didn't have tomato and rice, so I just used tomato and added 1/3 cup of uncooked rice.


Add 1 T Mustard


2 Cans Kidney Beans


Now add 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar


Mix'er up


Now get really giddy that you can put your new handy dandy new skillet can go directly into your 350 oven  that desperately needs put into self-clean mode sometime soon and bake for 45 minutes until bubbly.


Now we won't discuss how my beloved new pan burnt my hand... the nerve. 

Dear Santa-- send potholders for Christmas.


Perfect as a side dish or do it up right as a main dish with a dollop of Daisy and some shredded cheese.


Enjoy!

(To Print: click on card, then right click and choose print)

Photobucket

2 GOODe Thoughts:

This is an interesting twist on chili. I should try this one on the kids. I think mine like rice more than they like pasta. And the sauce helps hide the beans (aka nutrition!).

This is an interesting twist on chili. I should try this one on the kids. I think mine like rice more than they like pasta. And the sauce helps hide the beans (aka nutrition!).

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More