Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Goode & Gooseberry Project: Marvelous Meatloaf

Nov. 10: (Again, missed yesterday): I am thankful for my family. A dear friend and cousin just lost her father--my uncle.

Nov. 11: I am thankful for all the Veterans and extremely proud of my nephew who was recently sworn into the United States Air Force.


This little gem of a meatloaf--Marvelous Meatloaf to be exact-- is the next recipe in our Goode & Gooseberry Patch Project.



So, I started by putting 3/4 cup bread crumbs in a large mixing bowl.


Add 3/4 Cup Milk


1 T Salt and 1 T Pepper


1 Onion Chopped

  
Mix 'er up and add in your beef.


1 1/2 lbs to be exact


Then mix 'er up. (I used my Mix N' Chop and then used my Switchit Spatula (by Chef'n) to scrape it clean--lovin' me some kitchen gadgets...)


Then I put it in my meatloaf pan and gots down to business making the sauce.


I mixed 1/2 Cup Ketchup, 2T Brown Sugar and 2T Mustard up...


And mix 'er up


And put 'er on top. Then bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour.


Now cut 'er up and serve.


Puddie really loved this version of meatloaf. It is a little tangier and a different flavor than My Awesome Meatloaf and definitely going on the list for future meals.


Tools Used in This Recipe:
Gooseberry Patch's Mom's Favorite Recipes Cookbook
Pyrex  2 1/2 Quart and 1 Quart Mixing Bowls
Chef'n Switchit All Purpose Scraper
Pyrex Magnetic Measuring Spoons
Pampered Chef Mix N' Chop
Wilton Ultra Bake Meatloaf Pan
Pampered Chef Mini Spatula


Hunk of Meat Mondays


Photobucket

7 GOODe Thoughts:

What a yummy, stick-to-your-ribs, comforting meal :)
My sweetie pie loves meatloaf and I try to make it for him every so often. I thinks the worcestershire sauce is the 'secret' ingredient :)
Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe!!
So sorry that I have been MIA for a bit....lots and lots of irons in the fire at this time. I'll try to do better :)

I struggled for years to find the perfect meatloaf. I finally found a Paula Deen one that is similar to this only has canned tomatoes in it too. I use Ro-Tel because I'm from Texas and I like that kick. The topping is the same and I agree, it makes it way more flavorful.

I confess that I hated meatloaf until I started cooking it for myself. There must be something to my mom's that I just don't like.

First, I am sorry for your loss! Hugs!

Second, I am not a huge fan of meatloaf, but I may just have to try this. It looks sooooo goodE! ;-)

I love meatloaf! good idea for dinner tonight - especially with one of those great buttercup squashes from my garden. :-)

Great minds think alike, Cris...look for another yummy meatloaf this Sunday on our blog!

PLUS, did you know that we're only 700-something Facebook fans from getting the next chapter of the downloadable cookbook? It's ALL meatloaf (25 ways!) so you know it's gonna be good. :)

First, I am sorry for your loss! Hugs!

Second, I am not a huge fan of meatloaf, but I may just have to try this. It looks sooooo goodE! ;-)

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More