Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Goode & Gooseberry Project: Always Requested Spinach Dip--No REALLY!


We're friends right?

Well, we are about to become better friends...

Ya see, truth be told, I thought that they were exaggerating when they called the Goode & Gooseberry Patch Project recipe "Always Requested" Spinach Dip...just sayin'




Turns out...

They weren't.

Oh. My. Word.

I don't care if you don't like a single one of these ingredients, when they come together--angels sing.

Seriously.


You start out with 10 oz thawed and drained spinach


2 Cups Sour Cream


1 Cup Miracle Whip


1/2 an envelope of onion soup mix


And then, I very reluctantly put in 8 oz of chopped water chestnuts...


Now don't go whining about them... I don't like them either.

Remember now, we are friends and I'm not gonna steer you wrong.

Put them on in there... it'll be alright, promise.


Now mix'er on up, cover and refrigerate over night.


Now when you get to your shindig--where everyone will LOVE this stuff-- just hollow out some Hawaiian bread and put the dip inside.


You're welcome ;)

I whipped this up for my big FREEZE-O-RAMA day with the girls.

Speaking of which, did you know I was giving away a Pampered Chef Microcooker in honor of that awesome day?

Head on over to that post and enter to win!


Tools Used in This Recipe:
Gooseberry Patch's Mom's Favorite Recipes Cookbook
Kitchen Art Adjust-A-Cup Measuring Cup
7 inch Calphalon Santoka  Knife
Paula Deen 15 x15 End Grain Chopping Board
Pyrex 2 1/2 Quart Mixing Bowls
Chef'n Switchit All Purpose Scraper



Photobucket

14 GOODe Thoughts:

I am absolutely putting this one on my list to make real soon!

yummolicious!!!!!! I love spinach dip.

I make this using Knorr veg. dip mix instead of the onion soup mix. It is my ABSOLUTE favorite of any appetizer-type food (& it ranks high on my list of favorites out of ALL foods!) I can literally eat an entire batch on my own! Love it!

I have yet to find a spinach dip I didn't love. This sounds DELISH!

I'm so glad we got to be your guinea pigs. I had no idea it had water chestnuts in it. It sure was yummy.

I have honestly NEVER tried this before.....if I don't like any certain food....I act like a child (yes, I admit it) and refuse to try it. :( BUT, the rest of my family LOVES it! Might have to try your recipe the next time we have a family get together! :)

Cris..
This is a must make!
Even if I am the only one that eats spinach dip around here:)
Thanks for sharing !!

I'm so glad we got to be your guinea pigs. I had no idea it had water chestnuts in it. It sure was yummy.

I have yet to find a spinach dip I didn't love. This sounds DELISH!

yummolicious!!!!!! I love spinach dip.

I make this using Knorr veg. dip mix instead of the onion soup mix. It is my ABSOLUTE favorite of any appetizer-type food (& it ranks high on my list of favorites out of ALL foods!) I can literally eat an entire batch on my own! Love it!

Oh, good call on including this one in today's Round-Up, Cris! This one is one of our all-time favorites too. :)

I can imagine that angels would sing. That dip sounds amazing. I wish I had some for a snack now :) I'd love for you to stop by and show off that delicious dip and any of your other favorite recipes at These Chicks Cooked Recipe Spotlight. Have a blessed day :)
Katie

Just found your great blog through the last Recipe Round Up. I am saving this for the next time I need a good dip. I love the way you write too.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More