Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Sunday, July 25, 2010

GOODe TV: Go Aarti, It's Your Paarti


Have you guys been watching the Next Food Network Star?

I am not a huge fan of the show, but this season has me hooked...

Mainly because of Miss Arti... she is so engaging and inviting. She cooks mostly Indian cuisine--which, truth be told, I have rarely tried or cared for : / -- and makes it look like comfort food.

I sooo want to try her recipes (not to mention those super cute hair accessories).

She makes me think I have totally misjudged this type of food... perhaps after just one trip to India Garden and that bad incident with a chicken bone (which we won't talk about)-- I didn't exactly give Indian food a fair shake?

Weeks ago I thought they should just stop the show now and give it to her.

She is like a younger Paula Deen with an Indian spin and a little less butter.

If they mess this one up and pick someone else, it would be a shame... just sayin'

Turns out, she is a food blogger at Aarti's Paarti and has a YouTube internet cooking show (see below)...

Where have I been?!?



So are you watching the Next Food Network Star? Who is your favorite? 

Do you like Indian food? Help a novice out... what should I try first???





Our Homeschool Home

Meet and Greet Mondays



Photobucket

19 GOODe Thoughts:

Looks interesting! I'll have to check it out.

I've watched a few episodes that a friend DVR'd for myself and my daughter. It has been interesting to watch! I love Aarti though!

Stopping by via Mingle Monday! :D

SHerry

Happy Mingle Monday! Hmmm, I've not watched this before. I'll have to check it out-

I've had two Indian meals in my entire life. One was in Cirencester, England and was fantastic! The other was in Minneapolis, MN and was...um...unimaginative and tasteless by comparison. I guess the moral of that story is it's about time to return to England!

Good Morning Cris!
No...I haven't been watching Food Network. I rarely watch t.v. anymore, just movies.
I LOVE some Indian food. Remember when I made Indian Chicken with all the herbs and spices from the gift that my friend brought me from India? It was delicious!
Home cooking is always better anyway, so you should give cooking Indian food a try :)

I'm neither a Food Network fan or a real foodie (for me, cooking progress peaked with the creation of pre-cooked bacon...mmmm, bacon...) but since it's Mingle Monday, I thought I'd contribute my $.02 and give a shout to Paula Deen. We're vacationing in Hilton Head this week and can't wait to go to her restaurant tomorrow!

Hey Cris!'

I’m already following you, but wanted to stop and say hi on this Meet & Greet Monday!

My latest inspirational postings include “8 Tips for Successful Living,” “Celebrate,” “Springtime Beauty,” “The Power,” “The Triumphant Heart,” and “Pure Love.”

Ron

http://inspiredbyron.blogspot.com/

This is my first season to watch The Next Food Network Star. I like Aarti too, but I think Brad is my favorite. Him, Aarti & Herb are my top 3. I have last night's episode DVR'd. Hope one of those 3 didn't go home :)

I've never had Indian food. Sounds yummy, though!

I love Aarti.
Following from Meet and Greet Monday!
http://mibargainmom.blogspot.com/

I've been a big fan of the food network for many years, but just never got into this show. I did watch the first couple of episodes as a friend of a friend was on it. I think his name is Paul. Anyway, I didn't notice this gal but will have to check it out. I actually have had a lot of Indian cooking and still don't like it. Not into those particular spices, unfortunately. :(

I'm hooked on Top Chef. The show sounds interesting but watching 2 cooking shows might make my non-cooking brain explode.

From just the few shows that I have seen, she has been my favorite!

Stopping by from Mingle Monday!

I haven't seen it...yet! We have an Indian restaurant in town that I love to go to as long as the food is on the mild side!

I'm hooked on Top Chef. The show sounds interesting but watching 2 cooking shows might make my non-cooking brain explode.

From just the few shows that I have seen, she has been my favorite!

Stopping by from Mingle Monday!

This is my first season to watch The Next Food Network Star. I like Aarti too, but I think Brad is my favorite. Him, Aarti & Herb are my top 3. I have last night's episode DVR'd. Hope one of those 3 didn't go home :)

I love Aarti.
Following from Meet and Greet Monday!
http://mibargainmom.blogspot.com/

I've been a big fan of the food network for many years, but just never got into this show. I did watch the first couple of episodes as a friend of a friend was on it. I think his name is Paul. Anyway, I didn't notice this gal but will have to check it out. I actually have had a lot of Indian cooking and still don't like it. Not into those particular spices, unfortunately. :(

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More