Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Friday, July 9, 2010

GOODe Confessions: Hello Sports Fans


So, um...confession time.

Confession #1: I am not really a big sports fan.

GASP. 

gulp. 

Don't hate me.

Confession #2: I have this unusual knack for not knowing famous people when I see/meet them... and it can be quite embarrassing from time to time... like, oh I don't know... perhaps the time I reprimanded the (future) Governor and my future boss-to-be (thankfully I don't think he remembered)... but that is a different story for a different day.

Anyhoo... back to the current oblivious moment. 

I had a fun assignment this week for one of my clients that involved attending an event at the Indiana Farm Bureau Football Center-- a.k.a. Colts central. 

We won't talk about how I got lost and how Aunt Mary (uber-Colts fan) guided me back to the right place over the phone. 

Nor will we talk about how Puddie (super-uber-Colts fan) pouted about his non-sports fan wife getting to go to such a cool event that she could never appreciate the way he would.... 

Instead, Puddie would like to point out (and has been pointing out to everyone we know) that I did not know who Dallas Clark was nor how big of a deal it was to be at an event with him...


Sorry Dallas... it really isn't you... Puddie assures me--it's me. 


You would have thought that I'd recognize you from the billboard... It really is a problem with me. 

I am sorry.  

If you had seen the other Goode at the event, he assures me that he would not have been able to keep himself from professing his love for you. 

I think he is embarrassed enough at my lack of knowledge for the three of us... Just sayin'


Truth be told, I learned a lot about Dallas that day... and came away a new fan--much to Puddie's delight. 

Ya see, Dallas happens to be a farmer from Iowa-- when he isn't doing his Sunday gig. 

He is also the spokesperson for this cool educational biofuels program for teachers and kids, Hoosier Horsepower-- which just happens to be a program put on by my GOODe friends at ICMC and ISA .


Dallas was in GOODe company that day. Ya see, oblivious moment #2 was right around the corner. 

Come lunch time, a very nice man (see above) asked to come sit with me and Gal in the Middle at our lunch table. 

It took me all of...oh, I don't know ... ten minutes to realize that this nice man was none other than Tom Zupancic. And, that was only after some other--less oblivious-- folks came over to our table and started calling him Tom.


So why should I know who Tom Zupancic is if I didn't recognize Dallas? 

My lack of knowledge might come as no surprise to you dear reader--except that I used to listen to Zup religiously on the WFMS morning show. 

I heart his shtick with Jim Denny and oftentimes would wish he would start his own radio show... ya know in his spare time.

Puddie couldn't believe that I didn't recognize his voice nor see the...um... somewhat famous rings on his hands.


Zup was there to kick off the Fueling Freedom Indiana Ethanol Forum. 

Truth be told, Zup's got some energy of his own and was quite inspiring. I remember realizing in the middle of his presentation that my non-football days were over. 

And thinking that Puddie would be thrilled... at last the date night vs. colts game dilemma would be over.  

Ya see, while sitting there listening to him speak about the Colts and their dedication to the community outside of their Sunday duties--I got bit by a blue bug... Just sayin'. 

I was impressed. 

Impressed that not only have the Colts won more games than any other team in the league... (Pardon me...Puddie just fainted at the sound of my Colts trivia...) but also that the Colts are interested in what our farmers are doing everyday for our communities.

Dallas and Zup were not the only famous people there. Thankfully, I did not embarrass myself with the next guest at the forum--Retired General Wesley Clark.


General Clark's organization, Growth Energy was a co-sponsor of the event. 

I was amazed at the general's extensive background in national security and his vision for America's future--free of foreign oil dependency. 

I could have listened to him for hours. 

He had a wisdom about him and a complex knowledge of very important matters.


In the end, I felt like I learned so much that I didn't know about national security, war and our capacity to grow our own fuel right here in Indiana... 

That and a few things/people associated with that blue team everyone keeps talking about ;)

Oh and after texting Puddie that I had just lunched (unknowingly) with Zup... I decided to be a nice wife and give him the cool football I got at the forum.


We won't talk about how many times Puddie asked if he could come work for me after seeing some of the perks of my new freelance business.


He'll have to settle for tutoring this new sports fan-to-be for now... and maybe some filing ;)


Photobucket

Oh, and in case you were wondering, no one paid me for this post and the opinions and embarrassing moments above are 100 percent all mine. 

7 GOODe Thoughts:

I love it. I can't believe you ate lunch with Zup. I have heard him speak before and he is definitely a great speaker ... very inspiring. I bet your husband loved the football and your new found love of the Colts. Welcome to being a football fan!

Yeah, I am pretty sure we all crush on Dallas. So I am hoping you can be a new crusher with us!

Yeah, so I wouldn't have known either. Even though Dallas Clark has been spotted in my area many-a-times. Last winter, he came to my school to watch his nephew play in a 5th grade basketball tournament. It was one of the most exciting things that happened in our district last year. :)

Yeah, so I wouldn't have known either. Even though Dallas Clark has been spotted in my area many-a-times. Last winter, he came to my school to watch his nephew play in a 5th grade basketball tournament. It was one of the most exciting things that happened in our district last year. :)

Yeah, I am pretty sure we all crush on Dallas. So I am hoping you can be a new crusher with us!

I love it. I can't believe you ate lunch with Zup. I have heard him speak before and he is definitely a great speaker ... very inspiring. I bet your husband loved the football and your new found love of the Colts. Welcome to being a football fan!

Yeah, so I wouldn't have known either. Even though Dallas Clark has been spotted in my area many-a-times. Last winter, he came to my school to watch his nephew play in a 5th grade basketball tournament. It was one of the most exciting things that happened in our district last year. :)

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More