Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Monday, July 19, 2010

GOODe Project: And the Veggie Continues

My veggie tales charms for Miss Add’s birthday cupcakes are finally made.
DSC_1557


Whew.

DSC_1759

It is a GOODe thing too because 1) the birthday is this weekend and 2) I got caught mid-veggie last night by a certain three year old who is now convinced that her mommy waits until she goes to bed to play with secret veggie tales toys…

DSC_1760

I am glad these little boogers are made… I was beginning to worry that I wasn’t going to get them done.

DSC_1762

For step by step pics on how I made Bob and Larry, check out my earlier veggie post.
Below is how I threw together dear Ole Junior :)

DSC_1553

I started out with a bit of a cone shape on top and added the whites of my eyes.

DSC_1554

Added my nose and the buds on the asparagus.

DSC_1557

Finished off with the rest of the eyes, a little teeth action and his little cap.

DSC_1765

I then poked toothpicks into the bottom of each character and removed. My plan is to bake them sans toothpick so that I can insert the toothpick for the cupcakes, but remove for playtime afterward.
The letters on the other hand will be baked with the toothpick since that is their only purpose.

Linked to:



Photobucket

13 GOODe Thoughts:

Aghh Check out those peas too stinking cute!

Those are super-cute, Cris!! Veggie Tales is going to be calling to offer you a job...then Add is going to think you are even MORE awesome! lol!

Those are too cute! I bet you could get a bunch of adults to come over just to make veggie tales critters. :-) Looks like so much fun!

Very creative! I'm going to have to come back to this in November when both my girls add another year.

Very cute Cris!
You are a great mommy to put all the time and love into making it an extra special birthday for Add :)

Very cute! I think I love veggie tales more than my kids! lol. I love that they will be both cupcake toppers and party favors~

I LOVE THEM!!! My kids are HUGE VeggieTale fans! You have done a spectacular job! Thanks for sharing! Stopping by from Mingle Monday!

Those are too cool! I missed the earlier post. Addie is going to flip. Probably not even care about her presents when she sees the cake.

Madam Blueberry is gorgeous!!
I especially love her hat, LOL!!
YOU are THE bestest MOM!!
Can you make my birfday cake? I want a Barbie cake!
YOU rock!
Hugs and blessings to Miss Add!!!

Love, Love, Love these, Chris!!! You are super talented!

I'm so glad you joined in on Mingle Monday. I hope you have a great week.

Robyn

ON MY! I love this so much!

You did such a great job on these! What a wonderfully frugal, creative and practical idea. Miss Addie is gonna love them for sure.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More